Here’s my weekly post sharing about what’s going on in the world of RecipeGirl, as well as some fun links to things I’ve come across lately. So here it goes: following are 10 things to share with you this week- everything from recipes to shopping to a few fun articles and more. There are a few affiliate links included here and there. Enjoy!
Recipes for Easy Back-to-School Dinners!
- This Pork Chops Pizzaiola recipe is for pork chops served with pizza-style flavors. It’s a really delicious pork chop recipe!
- My family likes to eat this easy-to-make Slow Cooker Pork Barbecue over cooked orzo pasta or polenta, or you can certainly make some delicious sandwiches out of it too!
- This classic Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe has instructions for making homemade meatballs mixed with marinara sauce and hot cooked spaghetti.
- Tortellini Mac and Cheese is a delicious pasta recipe combining tortellini with a decadent cream sauce and then baked with breadcrumbs.
- Turkey Tostadas are one of my family’s favorite dinner recipes (and they’re so easy to make, too).
- Beef Spaghetti Casserole is the perfect, easy-to-make comfort food meal for dinner.
- In these Taco Stuffed Shells, tacos and pasta collide to make a delicious, family-friendly dinner!
- Croissant Chicken is a super simple, family-friendly chicken recipe.
Fun Shopping Finds:
- Here’s a really cute sweater for fall. It comes in some lovely patterns.
- This denim jacket is unique and classy!
- These are adorable pants.
- Love these boots (cheap!)
- Here’s a cozy looking sweater set!
- I want this flannel shacket in pink or green (but there are a lot of colors to choose from!)
- This poncho is awfully pretty.
- This hoodie looks extremely cozy and comfortable.
Instagram accounts to follow:
- Follow @harlanCohen for really great tips for kids (and parents) who are just starting college.
- Follow @NinjaCue for a focus on grilling and BBQ videos.
What I’m watching and reading:
- I’m watching season 9 of Alone. It’s set in Labrador (Eastern Canada). A bunch of contestants are dropped in the wilderness, and they have to figure out how to survive for 100 days as a contest to win $500,000. I’ve watched several seasons of this, and I enjoy it!
- I’m not currently reading anything new, but I thought I’d recommend my sister Susie’s latest 5-star review: The Many Lives of Mama Love by Lara Love Hardin.
Fun Recipes I’ve spotted on the internet this week:
- Yummy >> Salted Caramel Banana Bread!
- Pineapple Jalapeño Jam sounds amazing.
- Loving this Creamy Chicken and Corn Pasta with Bacon as a lovely dinner to use up summer corn!
- A melt-in-your-mouth butter shortbread filled with an ooey gooey caramel layer is what salted caramel butter bars are all about.
Here’s what’s going on in my life:
- I’m currently on vacation in the middle of France! You can assume that I’m eating croissants, drinking wine and seeing all the sights! I’ll be sharing more about that later.
Catch up on food-related news of the week:
- New cookbook release: Another Bundt Collection by Brian Hart Hoffman >> From Amazon: Find Bundt cakes for every occasion. Whether you’re in the mood for a traditional Bundt or more show-off Bundt cakes, these recipes will inspire you to become a baking connoisseur with a variety of flavors and styles. Dive in, and join us in celebrating the beloved craft, baking from scratch and find over 100 ALL NEW Bundt cake recipes perfect for every occasion and season.
- Starbucks Pumpkin Latte is back… along with two new seasonal drinks.
- Krispy Kreme just announced that it’s selling Pup’kin Spice Doggie Doughnuts!
- Studies show that ultra-processed foods raise risk of heart attack and stroke.
Products I’m loving:
- I love, love, LOVE these upcycled designer Apple watch bands!
- This Lego Thanksgiving centerpiece would be a fun one for the kids (or grandkids) to make for your holiday dinner table!
- You must try Pineapple flavored Spindrift (flavored sparkling water)! It has great pineapple flavor and next-to-nothing calories.
- Have you ever wanted to make your own pasta? This pasta machine has great reviews.
- If you do not have a steamer for your clothes yet, you are missing out. This is so easy to use!
- Look for Kinder’s Japanese BBQ seasoning (Walmart or your local market). It’s a great, flavorful spice for chicken and veggies!
- Here’s a lovely fall wreath.
- This fall doormat is cute too.
Bake some cookies this week!
- Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies are the absolute best!
- These Chewy Gooey Flourless Chocolate Cookies have a little bit of a crispy exterior and a chewy gooey and very chocolatey interior.
- These Monster Cookies are seriously the best recipe for Monster Cookies on the internet.
Next Week’s Recipes:
- On RecipeGirl: French Onion Sheet Pan Chicken, Ratatouille and Strawberry Cream Cheese Crepes
- On RecipeBoy: Cinnamon Toast Zucchini Bread
- On RecipesForHolidays: 36 Ways to Have Beer for Dinner (for National Beer Lover’s Day!)
Have a wonderful week!