Here’s my weekly post sharing about what’s going on in the world of RecipeGirl, as well as some fun links to things I’ve come across lately. So here it goes: following are 10 things to share with you this week- everything from recipes to shopping to a few fun articles and more. There are a few affiliate links included here and there. Enjoy!
The Best Christmas Cookie Recipes:
- Butter Dream Cookies have been a holiday favorite in my family for over 40 years.
- Chocolate Mint Kiss Crinkles incorporate a Hershey’s Kiss into the middle of each cookie. They are a festive and delicious cookie recipe for the holidays!
- I’ve been making this easy recipe for Holly Cookies for many years! Everyone loves them!
- Chocolate Kiss Peanut Butter Blossoms have been our family’s all-time favorite Christmas cookie recipe for decades!
- What could be better than a chocolate cookie with a puddle of caramel tucked into the middle? Nothing. Chocolate Turtle Cookies are delicious!
- Crunchy Nutmeg Sugar Cookies are all wonderfully crackled with plenty of spice to give them the perfect dose of holiday flavor.
- If you’re wanting something fun and different for the holidays this year, then look no further! These Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies are just bursting with bright wintry flavor.
- These Chocolate Mint Wafers are the perfect holiday treat! They look so pretty edged with red and green nonpareils, and they would make a fabulous, luxury addition to your holiday cookie platters.
- For a more extensive collection, be sure to check out my post on the 75 Best Christmas Cookies.
Fun Shopping Finds:
- UGG has an adorable new style. Loving them!
- I finally found the perfect snow boots. I got them in shale/dark raspberry… though there is no raspberry, so I’m not sure where that came from!
- This soft jogger set looks so incredibly cozy (sale!)
- I bought these sandals in black. They are so comfortable and will go with everything.
- This plaid tweed skirt is awfully cute for holiday fun (sale!)
- I hope this checkered sling bag goes on sale because I’m loving it!
- If you’re looking for a holiday dress in a larger size, I love this store. And this is so pretty!
- Happy Face Slippers seem like a good gift choice!
Instagram accounts to follow:
- Follow Modern Honey for more delicious recipes!
- Follow Costco Hot Finds for fun things spotted at Costco!
What I’m watching and reading:
- I started watching Dead to Me (the final season) on Netflix. It’s okay so far. Also, I wanted to tell you about a holiday movie we saw last year. It’s called, A Clüsterfünke Christmas and you can watch it on Comedy Central or Apple TV +. It’s a cute movie that pokes fun at the Hallmark-style holiday movies. It’s a comedy.
- My sister Susie (NovelVisits.com) has a couple of books to recommend: Now is Not the Time to Panic by Kevin Wilson (reviewed on Instagram) and Someday Maybe by Onyi Nwabineli (reviewed on Instagram). If you need a book to read, check out these reviews and pick up a new book!
Fun Recipes I’ve spotted on the internet this week:
- Tomato Corn Chowder looks pretty warm, comforting and delicous!
- This Turkey Pot Pie looks great for use of turkey leftovers!
- You’ve gotta make this totally adorable Grinch dessert board for the holidays!
- This Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake is so pretty!
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes are the cutest!
Here’s what’s going on in my life:
- I hosted Thanksgiving, and there were 11 of us! Since I was the one who was doing all the cooking, I ordered a turkey from Whole Foods, and then I made all of the sides and desserts myself. I just didn’t want to have to worry about the turkey when I had so much to do. It was fabulous.
- My son Brooks (RecipeBoy.com) was home for Thanksgiving. It seems a little sad for me since this is the final Thanksgiving he’ll be coming home as a college student. Next year, he’ll be out in the working world, and vacation days to spend with Mom and Dad will be limited. I’m happy for him, but sad that he won’t be able to be around as much.
Catch up on food-related news of the week:
- Newly released cookbook: Christmas with Southern Living. I have so many of these Southern Living specialty books, and this one is great too! So many fun holiday ideas.
- Build your gingerbread house out of Pop Tarts this year, and you could win $15,000.
- Starbucks re-usable holiday cups are back this year.
- Do you use the same utensil between cooking raw and cooked meat?
- Popeyes is releasing a new blackened chicken sandwich.
Products I’m loving:
- Here’s a 2-pack Gingerbread House Kit that would be a fun project for the littles as we inch closer to Christmas!
- Look for Peppermint Bark Haagen Daaz Ice Cream Bars at your local market. Amazing.
- Here’s a fabulous gift for the whiskey lover in your life.
- Wizard is a card game you’re probably not familiar with, but it’s an awesome one to play with the family!
- Look for Peppermint Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Marshmallows at Trader Joe’s. So yummy!
- Shop The Container Store for the best stocking stuffers. That place is like Disneyland!
Bake this weekend:
- Old Fashioned Cinnamon Rolls will most definitely be appreciated by visiting relatives!
- Eggnog Bread. Thank me later!
- Gingersnaps with Orange Cream Filling (yum)!
- This Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake is my favorite holiday dessert of all time.
Next Week’s Recipes:
- On RecipeGirl: Sweet and Tangy Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Pear- Walnut and Blue Cheese Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette, Red Velvet Cake Trifle, Turtles, Spiked Eggnog, Monkey Bread and Peppermint Crescents
- On RecipeBoy: Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
- On RecipesForHolidays: New Christmas Cookie recipe for Christmas!
Have a wonderful week!