Here’s an adult quiche for you: Quiche with White Wine and Shallots
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Quiche with White Wine and Shallots
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- 12-ounces shredded Gruyère cheese
- One 10-inch pie crust, pre-baked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, bring shallots and wine to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over eggs. Whisk in cream, nutmeg and wine-shallot mixture.
- Sprinkle grated cheese evenly over pastry shell. Pour in custard mixture.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown and firm in the center. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.