Here’s a delicious and unique quiche recipe: Swiss Onion Quiche
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Swiss Onion Quiche
- 1 baked pie crust
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 medium sweet onions, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups half and half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, cover and steam until onions are soft, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Drain any accumulated liquid and arrange the onions in the baked pie crust. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, yolks, cream and nutmeg and pour on top of the onions/cheese in the crust.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until set and puffy. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use a GF pie crust in place of regular.