Delicious, lighter choice for a fall cake: Cranberry Almond Pumpkin Upside Down Cake
Yield: 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Cranberry Almond Pumpkin Upside Down Cake
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Pour melted butter into pan, tilting to evenly cover the whole pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter.
- Sprinkle the cranberries and almonds over the brown sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin purée, and oil.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture. Carefully spread the batter over the cranberry-almond mixture in the pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Place a large plate or platter on top of the cake. Invert, then remove pan. Cool before serving.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1/10th of the cake)
- Calories 305, Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 2.31g, Sugar 32.5g, Fiber 3g, Protein 5g, Cholesterol 48.4mg, Carbohydrates 51g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving:
- SmartPoints: 13, Points Plus: 8, Old Points Program: 6.5
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via Health)