An easy, healthy dinner recipe: Apple Spinach Chicken
This is such a simple chicken recipe, but I love its combination of apples and spinach and a simple sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (Serv. Size: 1 breast and 1/2 cup apple-spinach mixture)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Apple Spinach Chicken
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or canola oil
- Four (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach or chopped Swiss chard
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and add to skillet. Cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until well-browned. Remove to plate. Cover and keep warm.
- Add garlic, mustard, cider and apples to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes. Return chicken and juices to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach to pan, and toss until wilted, about 1 minute. Serve hot.
- Nutritional Information per serving: Serving size: 1 breast + 1/2 cup apple-spinach mixture : Calories: 190, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: .5g, Sugar: 3.5g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 28g, Cholesterol: 66mg, Carbohydratesg: 10g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 3, PointsPlus: 5, Old Points Program: 4.5