Kid friendly… really good! >> Orange Glazed Carrot Ribbons
Buy the largest carrots you can find for this recipe… that will make it easier to create the “ribbons.”
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Orange Glazed Carrot Ribbons
- 2 pounds large long carrots, peeled
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- chopped chives
- Run vegetable peeler down length of carrots, shaving off long ribbons (you will need about 8 cups of ribbons). Cook in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and gently pat dry.
- Stir orange juice and sugar in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Boil until reduced to scant 1 cup, about 5 minutes. Add carrots and butter; simmer until carrots absorb most of orange syrup, about 4 minutes. Add honey and vinegar. Mix gently. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer carrots to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
- Step one may be done 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com via Bon Appetit