Another classic Italian recipe: Veal Piccata
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Simply a delicious dinner...
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sprinkled with salt and pepper
- 4 pieces veal scallopini (*see tips below)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Place the seasoned flour in a large plastic zip baggie and add the veal scallopini. Shake until they are well coated. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil and butter until hot. Add the coated veal slices and cook just until golden brown, about one minute or so per side. Remove veal and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice to the pan. Then add the wine and cook until the sauce has reduced and thickened. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Stir in the capers and parsley. Return the veal slices to the pan and cook briefly in the sauce to coat.
- Serve veal topped with sauce.
- The veal scallopini should be about 1/8" thick. If they are thicker, pound them with a meat mallet until thin.
- A bit of pasta on the side is a good addition to soak up the extra sauce.
- If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, substitute GF flour for the all-purpose flour.