This Crustless Spinach and Cheese Quiche is a good, low-carb option for breakfast or brunch.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Crustless Spinach and Cheese Quiche
I love this dish for a really nice lunch with a little side salad and a glass of white wine!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup diced onions
- 3 to 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon regular Spike seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onions to hot oil and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add spinach and garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes, or until spinach is completely wilted. Remove from heat.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in spinach mixture and then pour into pie plate.
- Bake on center rack for 40 minutes. Let sit for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Use reduced fat cheeses to reduce fat/calorie content.
- Nutritional Information per serving (serving size: 1/4 of the quiche)
- Calories: 265, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Sugar: 2.5g, Fiber: .9g, Protein: 19g, Cholesterol: 203mg, Carbohydrates: 9g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: SmartPoints: 7, Points Plus: 7 Old Points Program: 7