Fabulous flavor for a margarita: Blueberry Margaritas
These are a beautiful color, and the flavor is a lovely combination of blueberry and lime. A virgin variety is yummy for the little ones.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 1/3 cup good tequila
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (frozen are ok too)
- 6 ounce can frozen limeade
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- fresh orange juice
- granulated fine white sugar
- Process all ingredients except orange juice and granulated sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Dip rims of serving glasses in orange juice and then in sugar. Pour frozen blueberry mixture into glasses.
- TIP: Don't dip these margaritas in salt- the blueberry flavor requires the sweet accompaniment of sugar.