I’ve loved this recipe for many years- it’s originally from Barefoot Contessa: Green Chile Cornbread
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Green Chile Cornbread
This is a super moist and very flavorful cornbread. Perfect for serving with chili!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- One 4-ounce can chopped mild green chiles, squeezed dry
- One 14-ounce can cream- style corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter a 9-inch square pan.
- Use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs slowly, one at a time. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Barefoot Contessa)