Yield: 16 regular or 12 supersize muffins
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Lemon- Blueberry Muffins
These muffins are nice and light- not a lot of spice. Perfect for tasting the flavors of lemon and blueberry together.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated white sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
zest from two large lemons, finely grated
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
coarse sugar, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together. Stir in the oil and the milk.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the cinnamon, lemon zest and blueberries.
5. Lightly grease a muffin pan with nonstick spray or melted butter and fill each cup 2/3 full with the batter. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with coarse sugar, if using.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from The Summer House Cookbook)