If you’re a fan of jerk sauce, you’ll enjoy this easy Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Yield: 4 servings (2 drumsticks per serving)
Prep Time: 15 minutes + marinating time
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 1 bunch green onions (some of the green part too), chopped (3/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, chopped (seeds and ribs removed for less heat, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- Eight chicken drumsticks, skinned and trimmed of excess fat
- Make the marinade: In a blender, combine scallions, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, oil, sugar, allspice, thyme, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons water; blend until smooth. Set aside 1/4 cup for drizzling after baking.
- Place chicken in a large zip baggie. Pour remaining marinade over chicken and roll it around in the bag to coat. Zip it closed and refrigerate, turning once or twice, at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the drumsticks in a 9x13-inch pan and pour marinade on top. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Heat the reserved marinade and drizzle on top of baked chicken for serving.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 2 drumsticks) Calories: 241, Fat: 11.25g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sugar: 4.5g, Fiber: 1.5g, Protein: 26.5g, Cholesterol: 95.5mg, Carbohydrates: 8.5g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per 2 drumsticks: Freestyle SmartPoints: 7, Points Plus Program: 6, Old Points Program: 5
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food)