This Zucchini Fresh Oregano Soup is so warm and comforting!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Zucchini Fresh Oregano Soup
This soup is the perfect starter for a dinner party, and a great way to use up an excess of zucchini...
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 pounds zucchini, sliced
- 3 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup half & half cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano for garnish
- In a 3-quart saucepan, heat butter and oil. Add onion and sauté over low heat, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Add zucchini and continue sautéing for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and 2 tablespoons oregano and bring to simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- For a coarse texture, pulse soup in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. For a fine texture, puree in a blender.
- Return to saucepan to heat up again. Add salt and pepper. Add half and half. Taste for seasoning. Garnish with remaining oregano and serve.
- If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just be sure to use a brand of broth that is designated as GF.
- Makes 6 cups or 4 bowls of soup.
- In the summertime, you can serve this soup chilled rather than hot. Don't add the half and half. Chill after processing and serve with a dollop of nonfat plain yogurt.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1/6th of the recipe) Calories: 123, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4.25g, Sugar: 3.2g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 4g, Cholesterol: 18mg, Carbohydrates: 8.5g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 4, Points Plus Program: 3, Old Points Program: 4
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via The Cuisine of California)