Use nice, ripe tomatoes for this Shallot Mustard Tomato Salad:
Fresh tomatoes are topped with a simple, tangy vinaigrette and capers.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes + chill time
Shallot Mustard Tomato Salad
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes, or 5 vine-ripened (cut into wedges)
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard, shallot and capers.
- Core tomatoes and cut into wedges. Place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for up to one hour. Serve chilled.
- Nutritional Information per serving: (serving size: 1/4 of the recipe) Calories: 117, Fat: 10.5g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Sugar: 0g, Fiber: 1.25g, Protein: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 1, SmartPoints: 3, PointsPlus: 3, Old Points Program: 3.5
Here are a few more tomato salad recipes you might enjoy:
- Tomato and Hearts of Palm Salad by FoodieCrush
- Fresh Mozzarella and Kumato Tomato Salad by Recipe Girl
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Cucumbers and Onion by Saving Room for Dessert
- Tomato, Cucumber and Basil Salad by Recipe Girl