posted in Stuff

Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See

Here’s some more of that Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See! >>

Tunnel of Fudge Cake

On Parade Magazine’s blog this week, I shared this totally decadent and delicious recipe: Tunnel of Fudge Cake. Have you ever had one of these?? There are some neat facts shared about the originator of the recipe back in 1966. This modern day recipe comes from Jessie Oleson Moore’s new book: The Secret Lives of Baked Goods- Sweet Stories and Recipes for America’s Favorite Desserts.

Collage Oct. 8

Here’s what’s been happening on my other blog- Culinary Covers– for the last couple of weeks:
ROTINI PASTA SALAD w/ SUMMER VEGGIES & RED WINE VINAIGRETTE (this one can easily be made gluten-free)
BROWNIE CHEESECAKE TORTE (it’s from Cooking Light!  Doesn’t it still look decadent and amazing?)
BOURBON- CARAMEL PUMPKIN TART (everything about this says, “Make me on Thanksgiving!”
GOLDEN WINTER SOUP (my kind of soup recipe- it looks warm and comforting!)

Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls

The book I’m currently reading (upon a strong recommendation from my book-loving sister Susie):  The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls by Anton Disclafani.  I’m not very far into it yet, but it has completely grabbed my interest, and I can hardly wait for my flight to Minnesota on Wednesday so I can find time to read it again!  Description from AmazonIt is 1930, the midst of the Great Depression. After her mysterious role in a family tragedy, passionate, strong-willed Thea Atwell, age fifteen, has been cast out of her Florida home, exiled to an equestrienne boarding school for Southern debutantes. High in the Blue Ridge Mountains, with its complex social strata ordered by money, beauty, and girls’ friendships, the Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls is a far remove from the free-roaming, dreamlike childhood Thea shared with her twin brother on their family’s citrus farm—a world now partially shattered. As Thea grapples with her responsibility for the events of the past year that led her here, she finds herself enmeshed in a new order, one that will change her sense of what is possible for herself, her family, her country.

Pinterest

Many of you are following me on Pinterest already.  I’ve added quite a few new boards that you may be interested in- click to see and follow:
MOST PINNED RECIPES: (a collection of the most pinned recipes from around the web)
MOST PINNED DESSERTS: (a collection of the most pinned desserts)
CAKES and BROWNIES (a decadent treat collection)
SNICKERDOODLE THEMED TREATS: (my obsession with snickerdoodles…)
BEST WEEKNIGHT DINNERS: (one you’ll love having access to)
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE LOVERS: (all choc chip cookie recipes!)
COMFORT FOOD RECIPES: (all recipes warm, cozy and comforting)

Anthology Destination Park City

This past weekend, I went to Park City, Utah for the first time ever!  I met with some blogging friends to spend the weekend at this beautiful Anthology Destination home.  It was pretty much the most beautiful home I had ever stayed in!!  Everything about it was luxury.  There was even a tunnel leading up to the house from the main road.  Seriously, who has their own tunnel??  It was like the bat-cave.  We talked endlessly, we laughed, we played in the snow, we shared stories, we blogged, we cooked together and we ate… a LOT.  It was relaxing and wonderful.  I’m obsessed with the idea of staying in one of the other Anthology homes with my family for a family reunion.  I’m thinking either Washington or Florida!

Roasted Butternut Squash and Black Bean Enchiladas

These Roasted Butternut Squash and Black Bean Enchiladas caught my eye yesterday.  The recipe is by  Sandy from the blog: Reluctant Entertainer.

Pumpkin Beer Bread

This Pumpkin Beer Bread looks like a fun recipe to try.  The recipe comes by Ali from the blog: Gimme Some Oven.  I’m thinking it would be fun to serve with my Turkey Pumpkin Chili.

Salted Brown Sugar and Honey Fudge

For dessert, I’ve been eyeing this Salted Brown Sugar and Honey Fudge.  Doesn’t that flavor combo sound GOOD??  The recipe is by Ashley from the blog:  Baker By Nature.

Etsy

Here’s a cute holiday Etsy store I discovered (I’m not ridiculous… Christmas Eve is only 77 days away!).  I think the burlap stockings are adorable, and you can personalize them if you’d like too.

Altard-State-Header

My friend Amanda (from the blog… Kevin & Amanda) shared a secret recently to her very stylish outfits- she shops at this cute store:  Altar’d State.  They sell their stuff online too- YAY!  I have these boots,  this sweater and this cardigan in my shopping cart already.  I seriously have no shopping willpower.

Italian Slow Cooker Cookbook

Here’s a cookbook I’ve been crushing on lately:  The Italian Slow Cooker- 125 Easy Recipes for the Electric Slow Cooker.  It is NOT fancy.  The recipes have short lists of ingredients.  I’ve tried the Turkey Meatball and Escarole Soup (LOVED).  There are so many more recipes bookmarked to try:  Balsamic-Glazed Short Ribs, Chicken Parmesan Heroes, Polenta with Broccoli and Tomato Soup with Burrata.  Everything looks worthy of trying, and I love to use my slow cooker in the fall/winter season!

Until next week, my friends, that’s all of the stuff I’ve got for you… XO

Disclosure:  There are Amazon affiliate links included within this post.

20 Responses to “Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See”

1. postedOct 8, 2013 7:46 AM

Lots of great finds! That slow cooker cookbook looks great. I am a big fan of the slow cooker, especially in the winter!

2. postedOct 8, 2013 8:08 AM

Another fantastic roundup, Lori! I’m seriously crushing on those Anthologie Destination homes, and I can’t wait to dive into your new Pinterest boards. Don’t even get me started on that Tunnel of Fudge Cake (!!!). Ah-mazing.

3. postedOct 8, 2013 9:02 AM

Great roundup this week, Lori! I am craving that tart!!!

4. postedOct 8, 2013 9:20 AM
    Tina Hoffman

That’s all good stuff! Thank you SO much!

5. postedOct 8, 2013 9:28 AM

Oh my gosh, I cannot believe Christmas is that close! I’m excited!

Thank you so much for the fudge love, Lori! I wish you lived closer so I could bring you some 🙂

6. postedOct 8, 2013 10:14 AM
    lucy m

I loved ‘The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls!” It stayed with me days after I finished it. I want it to be my next pick for our Book Club – the discussion will be great.

7. postedOct 8, 2013 10:27 AM

That house looks amazing – love that there is one in WA – I am going to check it out! Thanks Lori 🙂

8. postedOct 8, 2013 10:32 AM

I followed along on Instagram with your Utah adventures. Looked like so much fun!

9. postedOct 8, 2013 11:04 AM

That home and the pics and glimpses of it that I saw on IG – stunning. wow!! I would be obsessed with staying in a sister property, too 🙂

Going to MN? I grew up in MN! I hope you have a great trip and this is one of the best (only) times of the year there with good weather! Although I do remember having Halloween cancelled a few times as a kid on account of blizzards. For real!

10. postedOct 8, 2013 12:46 PM
    jann jones

As I live in Portland, born in Washington a few centuries ago, I have to vote Washington for your next vacay, if you like lush green and often rainy. We don’t have a lot of snow and ice, but the Pacific NW is very green.. The west side of the Cascades, anyway. Where else start at the coast for breakfast, and dinner at high desert that night? The tunnel cake looks decadent, and brownie cheesecake… Oh, my expanding tush! Yummy!! Love them! lovin you!!

11. postedOct 8, 2013 1:21 PM

Another great edition of “Stuff”, Lori! Tunnel of Fudge Cake? What a throwback to the 1970s. That cake was everywhere when I was little, for good reason. I need Jessie’s book. Peabody recommended it as well. It’s in my Amazon cart along with the Slow Cooker book. That AD home…stunningly beautiful! I’d love a trip through the “bat cave”. 😉 Sandy’s Enchiladas look amazingly good as does my pal Ashley’s fudge and that pumpkin tart with bourbon in the caramel! (Just posted a component recipe for Cider-Bourbon Caramel Sauce with pics coming soon.) Beer in baking seems to be a trend now with bread. OMG…just 77 days until Christmas? Stop. That’s just crazy talk!

12. postedOct 8, 2013 2:15 PM

Thanks for sharing all these incredible recipes, Lori! I have a lot of cooking and baking to do now! Sounds like Park City was amazing, too. I can’t wait to go there (hopefully) later this year!

13. postedOct 8, 2013 7:30 PM

The house and all your instagram pics were incredible! One day I have got myself invited and have a ball with all you guys! That would be kind of surreal for me! LOL!

Such amazing links this week! All the culinary cover are drool worthy and such beautiful photographs!

I am headed to check out Sandy’s enchiladas now. Wow, they look awesome!

Oh and the slow cooker cookbook? I NEED that! I am crockpot obsessed (tomorrows post it crockpot!)!

14. postedOct 8, 2013 10:35 PM

Thanks for the linky-love! And LOVE your round up this week. I agree, that tunnel was pretty darn cool! 🙂

15. postedOct 9, 2013 9:07 AM

There are so many great finds here, Lori! Those enchiladas and that pumpkin beer bread need to find their way onto my menu. It was such fun spending the weekend with you at the Anthology house. What an incredible location!

16. postedOct 9, 2013 9:51 PM
    Susie

I’ve always wanted to check out Seabrook!

17. postedOct 10, 2013 1:50 PM
    Amanda

I just bought the slow cooker cookbook!! I love slow cooking!!

• postedOct 10, 2013 8:47 PM

Oh good- me too! Hope you like it!

18. postedOct 13, 2013 4:55 PM

Tunnel of fudge…I have no words, just a mouth full of drool

19. postedOct 13, 2013 7:13 PM

So glad you enjoyed your time in Utah! We will have to go to one of the other homes next time:) I am craving Sandy’s enchiladas now! Loved seeing you in MN! I hope we can meet up again and soon! Maybe NYC? 🙂