Here’s another fun post: Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See
If you still have some leftovers… here’s a good place to look for making something with those turkey leftovers : 10 CASSEROLE RECIPES USING LEFTOVER TURKEY – all of these recipes work with using leftover chicken too. So check ’em out!
Here are a few suggested recipes to check out:
- How to Roast a Turkey (save for Christmas!)
- Spinach Sausage One Pan Alfredo (one pan meals allow me to keep my sanity at the end of a long day!)
- Loaded Taco Pie (My family is always crazy about this kind of dinner)
- Roasted Asian Green Beans (I love this one because I can never think of good side dishes!)
I kept seeing this advertisement pop up all of Facebook, and I finally caved in and bought the LED Beanie for Christmas gifts! I figured my husband and kiddo will have fun with it at night if I ask them to go get the mail or deliver cookies to the neighbors or plow the driveway!!
Here’s a quirky holiday gift idea for the cat lover in your life: a Cat Embossed Rolling Pin found on Etsy. Looks like they offer many other kinds of rolling pins like this – owls, squirrels, dogs, butterflies, horses, etc. Could be fun!
Here’s an excellent board to follow on Pinterest: MOST VIRAL PINS ON PINTEREST – here you can keep up with the most popular recipes from some of the most popular food blogs on the internet!
While doing some online shopping for the holidays yesterday, I came upon this adorable DONUT JACKET!!!!! If I had a teenage daughter, she’d be getting this from me the Christmas. Isn’t it so cute?
I’m going to recommend 6 cookbooks for holiday gift giving- these are my favorites, and they’re the ones I’ve been using the most this year (some were not published this year… but I love them anyways!) And I’m all about buying cookbooks that are approachable and easy.
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks Dinnertime by Ree Drummond: This is Ree’s 3rd cookbook! I have loved all of her books, and this one is no exception. She lives such an interesting life that it’s fun to see all of her photos and read her tidbits. This book has great ideas for dinner- comfort food, freeze ahead, quick and easy… and lots of step-by-step photos.
- 6 Ingredient Solution- How to Coax More Flavor From Fewer Ingredients by America’s Test Kitchen: If you’re looking for easy dinner recipes with few ingredients, this is a book to have on your cookbook shelf. ATK tests recipes like crazy before they are published, so you know they’re all good!
- The Classic Slow Cooker- Best Loved Family Recipes to Make Fast and Cook Slow by Judy Hannemann: I love my slow cooker for the crazy, busy days that my son has basketball practice at dinnertime. This book is a good one because it’s full of family-friendly, easy dinner recipes.
- Brownies, Blondies and Bars by Stephanie Brubaker: I’ve just been starting to bake from this one for the holidays this year. There are so many fantastic goodies in this book, and they’re all accompanied by a photo!
- Piece of Cake- One Bowl, No Fuss, From Scratch Cakes by Camilla Saulsbury: This book has been on my “must buy” list for a few years now! I can’t help it… it’s a book I keep reaching for again and again every time I bake a cake! The recipes are on point and easy to make. Tons of great cake recipes from a great author.
- Sally’s Candy Addiction- Tasty Truffles, Fudges & Treats for Your Sweet-Tooth Fix by Sally McKenney: Here’s another one I’ve been using for my holiday baking this year- so many fun ideas. Sally is an expert at creating sweet treats…I’d also like to try her other book, Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- The Skinnytaste Cookbook- Light on Calories, Big on Flavor by Gina Homolka: My friend Gina is queen of lightening up recipes and still making them taste awesome. I can’t wait until her next book comes out, but until then I’m still getting good use of her first book.
- Weight Watchers 50th Anniversary Cookbook- 280 Delicious Recipes for Every Meal: I have always been enamored with Weight Watcher recipes, and this book is a good one. The recipes are delicious, and you learn some great ideas for how to cut fat/calories.
- The Whole 30- The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig: A lot of people I know have turned to eating a mostly whole-foods-diet these days. I try to do that on occasion too. This book has tons of great recipes for eating clean.
Here’s Adam Sandler’s latest Chanukah Song- Part 4! If you’ve been a fan of his other versions, this one is pretty funny too 🙂
Disclosure: There are Amazon affiliate links included within this post.