This Classic Daiquiri Cocktail Recipe uses fresh ingredients for a light, festive, fun, summertime drink.
Warm and lazy summer afternoons beg for light, refreshing, summer cocktails on the patio, don’t you agree?
Last summer, we splurged on outdoor furniture, buying every piece in the showcase, including extra side tables and lots of cushy pillows. The best purchase to complete the set, was a covered pergola, and when setting it up with an outdoor carpet underneath it, we have outdoor living at its best. And, that’s where you will find us nearly every weekend. Enjoying the smell of the nearby roses and sipping on Happy Hour cocktails like this one!
What you will love about this Classic Daiquiri Cocktail Recipe is that it’s fast and easy to make, and it uses freshly squeezed lime juice, which really enhances the thirst-quenching taste of the tart lime.
The recipe as written makes a serving for two, but if you’re planning a backyard party, you can double or triple the recipe to enjoy with all your friends.
With the heat of the summer, the best way to serve this festive summer drink is ice-chilled. For a special touch, chill the glasses too!
To achieve the perfectly chilled drink, place ice and drink ingredients in a cocktail shaker and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved. Then, after a brisk shake, strain into a cocktail glass and serve!
Just a few easy steps before your backyard party gets started!
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Classic Daiquiri Cocktail Recipe
- 6 ice cubes
- 3 1/2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 medium limes)
- 6 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 6 1/2 ounces rum
- Add ice, lime juice and sugar to a cocktail shaker and stir until sugar is thoroughly dissolved.
- Add rum and shake vigorously until well mixed and chilled. Using a cocktail strainer, strain drink into two glasses and serve.
Here are a few more rum cocktail recipes you might enjoy:
- Citrus Rum Punch by The Little Epicurean
- Cherry Mojitos by Recipe Girl
- Peach Prosecco Mojitos by Melanie Makes
- Dirty Banana Cocktail by Inspiration Kitchen