This post has been sponsored by Frito-Lay. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Crispy Baked Salsa Ranchera Shrimp is a delicious and easy recipe to make as an appetizer for your summer parties.
Fresh shrimp are coated with Salsa Ranchera tortilla chip crumbs and baked at a high heat until crispy and perfect! My favorite way to eat them is dipped in a quick and easy homemade guacamole.
I’ve partnered with Frito Lay to showcase a few of their brands this summer. Today’s featured brand is their Tostitos® Salsa Ranchera Tortilla Chips. These chips are my newest obsession. They have the absolute best flavor without being too spicy.
How to Make Crispy Baked Salsa Ranchera Shrimp
You’ll need just five ingredients to make Crispy Baked Salsa Ranchera Shrimp.
- Tostitos® Salsa Ranchera Tortilla Chips
- egg white
- Tostitos® Mild Chunky Salsa
You’ll begin by crushing half a bag of the Salsa Ranchera Tortilla Chips. The spices in these chips help to make the perfect coating and flavor for the shrimp.
The shrimp is tossed with an egg white to give it a light coating before tossing with the crumbs. The egg white helps adhere the crumbs to the shrimp. Then you’ll bake the shrimp at a high heat for just 12 minutes.
I recommend serving the shrimp with a super quick and easy guacamole. You can make it lickety split while the shrimp is in the oven. Mashed avocado with a couple of tablespoons of Tostitos® Mild Chunky Salsa mixed in makes a delicious dip for the shrimp!
The shrimp emerges from the oven with crispy crumbs attached to it.
Display the shrimp on a platter with a bowl of the guacamole. I like to add a few fresh lime slices for (optional) squeezing onto the shrimp and the guac. Lime is a delicious addition!
These Crispy Baked Salsa Ranchera Shrimp are best eaten with a fork so you don’t drop crumbs into the guacamole. They are the perfect, quick and easy appetizer to make for entertaining this summer. My family also enjoys these as a light dinner too!
If you’re looking for additional recipes for your summer party, you might consider serving Grilled Sweet Peppers with Goat Cheese and Strawberry Lemonade. 3-Ingredient Pesto Chicken Kebabs would be an easy main dish for your summer party too.
Crispy Baked Salsa Ranchera Shrimp with Guacamole
- 1 pound medium shrimp (about 30) peeled and de-veined
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1/2 bag (6 ounces) Tostitos Salsa Ranchera Tortilla Chips
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons Tostitos Mild Chunky Salsa
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and toss with the egg white. Then transfer the shrimp to a colander and let drain for a few minutes.
- Place the chips in a large plastic zip bag and crush them with your hands until they have broken into small crumbs. Add the drained shrimp to the bag and toss with the crumbs.
- Remove the shrimp from the bag, pressing crumbs to adhere to the shrimp as you remove and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray the shrimp lightly with nonstick spray, and bake for 12 minutes.
- Mash avocado, and stir in salsa. Serve shrimp alongside a spoonful of guacamole.
- Lime slices for squeezing onto the shrimp are optional.