Egg Scramble with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ⅓ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes (if packed in oil, drain on paper towels)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- ⅓ cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic in the olive oil in the hot skillet for 1 minute. Stir in the broccoli, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes longer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, for 2 minutes or until the broccoli is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove the sautéed vegetables to a bowl. Using paper towels, wipe out pan.
- Coat skillet with nonstick spray. Whisk eggs, egg whites, nonfat milk, salt and pepper in a bowl until blended. Heat skillet to medium-high and add eggs. Stir in broccoli mixture and scramble until cooked through.
- Spoon egg mixture onto serving plates and sprinkle with goat or feta cheese. Serve immediately.