Eggnog Pancakes

Consider making these Eggnog Pancakes for a special weekend breakfast. You’ll be glad you did!

Eggnog Pancakes

My family bugs me for pancakes every weekend.  The scenario looks like this:  I get up earlier than anyone else in the house and scurry about… fiddling with things on the computer, doing laundry, making tea and eating a bowl of cereal.  My husband gets up next and makes his coffee and watches TV.  My son meanders out of his bedroom late morning and snuggles on the couch with Dad.  They both look at me with sad puppy-dog-eyes and ask if I’ll make pancakes.  How can I resist the two boys I love most in the whole world?!  So, of course,  I head into the kitchen and figure out what kind of pancakes I’m going to whip up for my boys.

Eggnog Pancakes - RecipeGirl

These are a nice, fluffy pancake with a base of eggnog instead of buttermilk or milk.  The flavor of the eggnog comes through in the pancake, and then we top them with a warm (real) maple syrup.

Sidenote:  I used to buy the store-brand maple syrup or whatever.  One day I was reading the label out loud and it said that the syrup contained 2% maple syrup.  What?!   What the heck is the other 98%??    My husband and I decided right then and there that we would spend the big bucks on the real stuff from here on out.    It tastes much better.  It has way more calories than the light crud that I was buying, but I’m finding that a little kind of goes a long way… so you don’t use as much.

Eggnog Pancakes from RecipeGirl.com

So back to these pancakes!  >>  My boys loved them.  The recipe makes quite a few, so we froze some in little stacks for later.  They’re a nice holiday season breakfast treat- perfect for a cozy, lazy weekend.

Are you done with your holiday shopping yet???

Eggnog Pancakes

Yield: About 12 small pancakes

Prep Time:10min

Cook Time:25 min

Ingredients:

2 cups Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups eggnog
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
maple syrup, warmed (for serving)

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, eggnog and oil. Pour this mixture into the dry mixture and stir together until slightly lumpy.

2. Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat, then spray with nonstick spray. For each pancake pour 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle. Cook until golden; turn when tops are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (1 to 2 minutes per side). Serve with warm maple syrup.

Tips:

*Depending on how thick your eggnog is... you may need to add a little more eggnog or a little bit of milk to thin out the batter if it appears to be too thick.