This Hoisin Pork and Snow Pea Stir Fry is such a favorite dinner recipe.
Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup noodles & 1 cup pork mixture)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Hoisin Pork and Snow Pea Stir Fry
So simple to make and oh-so-tasty...
- 4 ounces uncooked rice noodles or rice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 3 cups snow peas, trimmed (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and pork, tossing to coat. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, broth, hoisin, cornstarch, and honey in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Remove pork from pan. Add remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil to pan. Stir in peas, bell pepper, ginger, and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Return pork mixture to pan; stir in broth mixture. Simmer 2 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in green onions. Serve pork mixture over noodles or rice.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 3/4 cup noodles or rice & 1 cup pork) Calories: 387, Fat: 9.36g, Saturated Fat: 2.17g, Sugar: 9.56g, Fiber: 3.82g, Protein: 28.78g, Cholesterol: 74.19mg, Carbohydrates: 45.66g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 9, Points Plus Program: 10, Old Points Program: 8
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (adapted from Cooking Light )