If you’re a fan of jerk sauce, you’ll enjoy this easy Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Fans of jerk sauce will enjoy this easy recipe made with drumsticks and baked in the oven.
Servings: 4 servings (2 drumsticks per serving)
- 1 bunch green onions, some of the green part included, chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, chopped (seeds and ribs removed for less heat, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Eight medium chicken drumsticks, skinned and trimmed of excess fat
- Make the marinade: In a blender, combine green onions, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, oil, sugar, allspice, thyme, cinnamon, salt, and water; blend until smooth. Set aside ¼ cup for drizzling after baking.
- Place chicken in a large zip baggie. Pour remaining marinade over chicken and roll it around in the bag to coat. Zip it closed and refrigerate, turning once or twice, at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the drumsticks in a 9x13 inch pan and pour marinade on top. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Heat the reserved marinade and drizzle on top of baked chicken for serving.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 327kcal, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Trans Fat: 0.1g, Cholesterol: 139mg, Sodium: 743mg, Potassium: 394mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 185IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 40mg, Iron: 2mg
I’m making this tonight and just got done with blending the marinade. It smells delish!!! I’m sure it will taste as good as it smells. 🙂