Simple Poached Orange Roughy with Tomato Herb Sauce– so good!
Poached Orange Roughy with Tomato Herb Sauce
Prep Time:35 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- Four 6-ounce orange roughy fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch tomatoes in medium saucepan of boiling water (30 seconds). Drain and cool slightly. Peel, halve and seed tomatoes.
- Bring clam juice, wine, lemon juice and bay leaf to a boil in a large skillet. Add fish, cover and simmer until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer fish to plates using slotted spatula. Tent fish with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Pour 1/2 cup of fish cooking liquid into the blender, discarding bay leaf. Add tomatoes and purée. Pour purée into a small saucepan. Add olive oil and bring to a boil. Mix in fresh herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over fish and serve.
- Tilapia may be substituted for the orange roughy.
- To save time on cooking day, prepare tomatoes a day in advance and refrigerate.
- Nutritional Information per serving (serving size: 1 fillet with sauce) Calories: 245, Fat: 8.25g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sugar: 4.5g, Fiber: 1.5g, Protein: 26g, Cholesterol: 34mg, Carbohydrates: 11g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 4, PointsPlus: 6, Old Points Program: 6