Simple Poached Orange Roughy with Tomato Herb Sauce– so good!
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Poached Orange Roughy with Tomato Herb Sauce
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 5 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 whole bay leaf
- Four 6-ounce orange roughy fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, blanch the tomatoes for 30 seconds. Drain and cool slightly. Peel, halve and seed the tomatoes.
- In a large skillet, bring the clam juice, wine, lemon juice and bay leaf to a boil. Add the fish, cover and simmer until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to plates using a slotted spatula. Tent the fish with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Pour ½ cup of the fish cooking liquid into the blender, discarding the bay leaf. Add the tomatoes; purée. Pour the purée into a small saucepan. Add the olive oil and bring to a boil. Mix in the fresh herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish and serve.
- Tilapia may be substituted for the orange roughy.
- To save time on cooking day, prepare the tomatoes a day in advance and refrigerate.