This recipe for Sauteed Chicken with Roasted Lemons is a restaurant-quality meal. With a drizzle of olive oil and a splash of kosher salt, lemons caramelize and transform into flavor-powerhouses that are unlike any raw lemon you’ve ever tasted.
The chicken is plated with the sauce drizzled over the top. It would certainly be good served over rice or alongside roasted potatoes.
Olives, capers and chicken broth are added, and the whole bunch simmers until the broth is reduced.
Add the roasted lemons and a couple pats of butter. The lemons impart their roasted flavor onto the chicken and into the sauce.
Sauteed Chicken with Olives, Capers and Roasted Lemons
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:40 minutes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 medium lemons, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pitted green Sicilian or Spanish olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on the parchment, then arrange the lemon slices in a single layer. Drizzle the lemons lightly with more oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minute, until the lemons begin to brown around the edges.
- In a deep medium skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dust with the flour, shaking off the excess. Cook the chicken over high heat, turning once, until golden, about 6 minutes. Add olives, capers and stock and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until stock is reduced by about two-thirds, about 5 minutes. Add the roasted lemons, butter and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer just until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the chicken to plates and spoon the sauce on top.
- Great served with rice or roasted potatoes.