Spiced Pear Butter
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 medium very ripe pear, unpeeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- In a food processor, process the butter for about 20 seconds. With the motor running, add the pear through the feed tube, a little at a time, processing until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until well blended (20 to 30 seconds), scraping down the work bowl as needed.
- To store, pack the butter in a bowl, cover and refrigerate. Or, chill slightly and then roll into a log. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Serve the log cut into slices (for serving with breakfast breads).
- If you do not have a food processor, you can use a potato masher to work all of the ingredients together.
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use a brand of honey that is free of gluten.