This simple Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken recipe feels gourmet with a creamy, delicious filling inside.
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- One 10 ounce package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh chives
- 6 large chicken breast halves (boneless)
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 450℉
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add chopped mushrooms and sauté until tender (about 3 minutes). Set aside.
- Mix spinach, cream cheese and chives in bowl. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a knife to slice a pouch in each chicken breast. Divide spinach mixture between the six breasts, spooning into pouch and then folding the chicken down to cover the spinach.
- Place chicken breasts on cookie sheet. Spread a dollop of Dijon mustard on top of each breast.
- Bake chicken for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- If preparing this recipe as gluten free, just be sure to use a brand of Dijon mustard that is designated as GF.