Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See

This post may contain affiliate links.

Here’s more of that Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See! >>

6 Slow Cooker Soups 600

What I’m sharing on Parade Magazine‘s food blog this week:  6 Delicious Slow-Cooker Soups that I want to make for dinner like immediately!  Is it cold yet in your part of the world?  It’s freezing here.  Well, not totally yet… but this San Diego mountain transplant thinks it is.  I’ll survive- as long as I have plenty of SOUP to keep me warm!

RG Cookbook TARGET

GUESS WHAT I SPOTTED IN TARGET THIS WEEK?????????? >>  The Recipe Girl Cookbook!!  Yep, Target has decided to carry The Recipe Girl Cookbook starting- NOW.  It will be easy to pick up copies for holiday gifts.  Take a peek at your Target next time you’re there and see if they have my book!  This is all too weird… TARGET??????  I mean gosh, I’ve shopped there all my life, and I’m completely in love with the place.  And they wanted to carry MY book- YAY x 1 million!  Of course you can always still buy it on Amazon too.  And geez, what the heck is all over my fingers- red food coloring??? Weird.

Autumn Couscous Salad

Do you ever buy the pre-made salads at Whole Foods? They have one just like this. Heidi and I spotted it when we were in Park City together, and we butted heads on who was going to re-create it first on their blog! Well, Heidi did it: She made a beautiful Autumn Couscous. Isn’t it pretty?? I think she nailed it.

Blogs to Follow

I promised that I’d do this every week now, so here are FOUR BLOGS YOU SHOULD BE FOLLOWING >>
Shutterbean:  Tracy is just totally fun, and her personality shines BIG on her blog.  She shares delicious, interesting food, fashion, tidbits, amazing photography and a really fun compilation post on Fridays too.
i Heart Naptime:  Jamielynn runs this creative site where she shares DIY home projects on a budget, crafts, sewing tutorials, easy recipes, tips and techniques.  She has amazing, easy ideas.  I enjoy her recipe posts the most, of course!
Creme de la Crumb:  I’ve just discovered this site by Tiffany, and I’m obsessed!  I want to keep scrolling and scrolling through all of her recipes and delicious photography!  She does dinners, desserts… everything!
Just a Taste: Kelly is just about the sweetest, most lovely person you’ll ever meet.  And you’ll see all of that on her blog, where she shares recipes and short how-to videos.  I’m always enamored with her new recipe ideas.

Best Books 2013

I don’t hang out on the GoodReads website all that often, but I pop in every year to see who the finalists are for Best Books of the Year. It’s a great way to see what books are creating attention, and get some new ideas for what to read!  2013 nominees are up now!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Desserts

For some reason I’ve been obsessed with spotting Chocolate- Peanut Butter dessert creations lately.  Here are four WHOA desserts you might wish to check out:
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake by Inside BruCrew Life:  Seriously, this would be way dangerous in my house.
Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies by Cookies and Cups:  Yes, I’d choose these on the dessert table, for sure!
Chocolate- Peanut Butter Cracker Bars by Chocolate, Chocolate &More:  This recipe is so easy, it’s ridiculous.  Ridiculous = Good.
Chocolate- Peanut Butter Revel Bars by Saving Room for Dessert: That fudge swirl… oh my gosh!

Have you ever seen the Jimmy Kimmel prankster “I ate all of your Halloween Candy” videos?  It’s hilarious to see the kid’s reactions to the confession from their parents that all of their Halloween candy has been eaten.  Here’s the latest one from Jimmy Kimmel- from this Halloween.  Just click the photo to watch.  Be ready to laugh/cry… kids are so funny.

Culinary Covers Nov 6

And here is what has been happening on my other blog- Culinary Covers- lately:
Chocolate Lover’s Dream Cake by Taste and Tell:  Anything described as “dreamy” is ok in my book.
Ultimate Stuffed Acorn Squash by Eats Well With Others:  Great-looking vegetarian dish!
Squash, Sage and Gorgonzola Tart by Sprinkled With Flour:  All of these flavors in one- this looks scrumptious too.

Netflix Scandal

Something very exciting happened last weekend, I bought myself an elliptical machine (Life Fitness brand) for my birthday!!!  I’ve always, always wanted one.  I’m so excited about it that I’m quite sure I’ll be doing it every single day forever!  The best part is that I can watch streaming Netlix while I’m on the machine, so the time goes by SO fast.  I’m currently in the middle of watching the series SCANDAL– ohmygosh, have you seen it???  It’s a good, gossipy, scandalous series.  I have a feeling that I’m going to plow right through it so be sure to give me suggestions on what series to watch next!

Until next week, my friends (next week I will have some FUN news to share!!!  But I must keep it a secret until then)…

Disclosure: There are Amazon affiliate links included within this post.

Lori Lange of Recipe Girl

Meet The Author: Lori Lange

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments

• tracy wrote:

Lori! What a nice surprise. Thank you for the love!!!!! xoxoxoxox

• Lori Lange wrote:

You’re welcome 🙂

• natalie @ wee eats wrote:

OMG TARGET!!! Congratulations on being included in my next target-spending-blackout! (that’s what happens when I go to target for one item and walk out $100 later with a confused look on my face, but i only needed face wash… WHAT HAPPENED?!)

I LOVE that jimmy kimmel video … that girl at the end! Oh geez.

I need to make ALL THE PEANUT BUTTER deliciousness. And then apparently I need to watch Scandal. I was lost after I ran out of episodes of Damages and Parenthood so Scandal may have to be next on the list!

• Amy @ The Nifty Foodie wrote:

I was dying over the last little girl in Kimmel’s video. Kids that age absorb everything..I’m sure the mom or dad said it once, and it’s stuck in her mind for months now!

I’m a big fan of Scandal too…almost every episode shocks me. I love how Shonda writes. 🙂

Congrats on being in Target!

• Tieghan wrote:

Ok, first congrats on the book being in Target!! Wow! I am headed there tomorrow just to check it out! I hope my store carries it!!

Oh and I am very excited to hear your fun news next week!

I am loving all the blogs featured today! Creme de la Crumb is a new one for me, so I am headed over there to check it out now!

• Joan@Chocolate and More wrote:

OMG, that last child on the Jimmy Kimmel video, priceless!
    I can’t wait to go into Target this week, when I check out with your cookbook, I can tell the cashier, I know her! So exciting Lori.
    Oh and Scandal, love it! I’ve watched it from the first episode and I’m a total fan, I love fast paced shows like that.
    Thanks for mentioning my Peanut Butter Cracker Bars, I missed those Revel Bars, wow!

• Terri C wrote:

Congrats on your book! Don’t have a target in my town 🙁 great recipes thanks 🙂

• Rachel @ Baked by Rachel wrote:

Thanks so much for including me in your list of soups to try! I can’t wait to try the others. That must be such an awesome feeling to see your book in stores! Congrats again btw. So cool. Also… scandal is my absolute favorite show right now!

• Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama wrote:

I just love this series Lori, I’m loving the blog love, scandal, Heidi’s couscous, and holy cow your book is at Target?! So cool.

• Renee@Mykitchenadventures wrote:

congrats on Target Lori! So how cool was it to take the book up to the registrar and say…oh hey…that’s my book! lol Been a huge fan of scandal since it first aired. Very good show. Right up their with homeland and walking dead! lol

• Janelle wrote:

I looooove Scandal! It took me more than half a season to decide if I really liked it or not, but even though I wasn’t sure, I knew I was curious. But now I’m totally hooked! If you’re not watching Once Upon a Time or Revenge yet, cue both of them up. These are my three favorite shows right now. Oh, and Suits and White Collar, on USA.

• Glory/ Glorious Treats wrote:

So many great things!! Loved the JK video, thanks for sharing it!

• Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat wrote:

So cool that your book is in Target! Loving those chocolate peanut butter recipes. And the soup ones- even though it’s still 80 in Austin (not complaining!)

• Liz S. wrote:

YES!!! I too love ‘Scandal.’ Definitely a show I look forward too every single week.

Happy Wednesday, Lori!

• Liz @ Virtually Homemade wrote:

That couscous pic is beautiful – heading to Whole Foods now!

• Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen wrote:

Happy Birthday, Lori! And, CONGRATS on The Recipe Girl Cookbook being picked up by Target! Awesome news! LOVE Tracy’s and Kelly’s blogs, the other two are newish to me. (I’ve pinned from both via others, but haven’t yet visited or commented.) Right now, I am enamored with Slow Roasted Italian. Funny story about the Whole Foods salad. Excellent soup offerings at Parade! Comfort food like soup is a must right now as it is getting chilly. I’ve gotta get into Scandal! Thanks for sharing!

• Jocelyn @BruCrew Life wrote:

That is so cool that your book is in Target now. It is my favorite place to shop and spend money!!! We love that Jimmy Kimmel video…makes me die laughing every time. Thank you so much for sharing my Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake. It was so dangerous having it in my house…I ate way too much for sure!!!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks wrote:

Oh you’re such a tease about your fun news…next week!

And your book in Target – CONGRATS!!! Lori that is amazing. I can’t even imagine! You deserve it!

Love all the blogs you featured in today’s 4-some (Tiffany is new to me) and love all those chocolate-PB desserts. It’s pretty much what I live for!

• The Healthy Apple wrote:

You have the BEST round up posts. Love this, Lori. Always great info! I can’t wait to see your book in Target when I get into the suburbs! Congrats, Lori! Have a great week.
    xoox

• Meagan wrote:

O. M. G. that video is PRICELESS. The boy in the underpants who’s going to kick his mom in the bum?!?! I totally LOLed at that. Congrats on your new elliptical, Lori! Should be so fun to use, especially when it’s super cold outside. I’ve not watched Scandal yet but feel like I’m going to have to dive in…

P.S. Happy, happy birthday!
    P.P.S. Double congrats on finding your book in Target -what an accomplishment!!!

• Heidi @foodiecrush wrote:

I was so excited when I saw your book in Target last week, and I meant to take a pic and send it to you but got distracted by the row of gossip magazines and forgot. Congrats on that for the holidays! Thanks for sharing my Whole Foods salad, I barely beat you to the punch!