Delicious in every way: Royal Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
Yield: 3 dozen bars
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Royal Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa, and add to the butter mixture.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan, and bake 15 to 18 minutes.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the first layer and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes. Using a knife dipped in water, spread the melted marshmallows evenly over the first layer. Let cool.
- For the topping, combine the chips, butter and peanut butter in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and well-blended. Remove from heat and stir in the Rice Krispies. Spread evenly over bars.
- 7. Chill until firm, and cut into bars.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via Taste of Home)