2 Tbs melted butter
½ tsp espresso instant powder
1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
24 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
8 oz mascarpone cheese
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
2 tsp espresso instant powder
1 Tbs hot water
1 Tbs brandy
1 oz grated semi-sweet chocolate
2 tsp grated unsweetened chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8″ springform pan.
2. To prepare crust: In small bowl, combine butter and espresso powder until well combined. Stir in crumbs until crumbs are evenly moistened. Pat evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes, cool on wire rack. Keep the oven on. Tightly cover the outside bottom and sides of springform pan with heavy-duty foil.
3. To prepare filling: Beat cream cheese and mascarpone in large mixer bowl at medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Scrape sides with rubber spatula and continue mixing until completely smooth (about 3 minutes). Reduce speed to medium and beat in sugar, vanilla and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Pour 4 cups of filling over crust in prepared pan, and place in large roasting pan.
4. Dissolve espresso in hot water. Fold into the remaining filling with brandy and grated chocolate. Spoon mixture evenly over filling in pan; smooth top with spatula.
5. Place pan on oven rack. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come 1″ up the side of the springform pan. Bake 1 ¼ hours or until center is just set. Remove cheesecake from water bath.
6. Cool completely on wire rack. Remove foil, cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, run knife along edge of pan and remove sides.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]