Cappuccino Cheesecake is my new favorite cheesecake flavor!
Here’s a cheesecake flavor you don’t see often. The delicious flavor of espresso is blended in to the sweet cheesecake filling. If you are a fan of tiramisu, you will most likely enjoy this cappuccino cheesecake too. It’s a nice dessert to serve as an ending to dinner with friends.
How to make Cappuccino Cheesecake:
The cheesecake starts with a no-bake crust (a simple combination of graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter). The cheesecake filling is made with cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, eggs, vanilla and instant espresso powder. 50 minutes of baking, and your cappuccino cheesecake is done! Garnish the top with whipped cream and some chocolate covered espresso beans (if you wish!)
Can you use instant coffee instead of espresso powder?
No! I think this would be a bad idea. Espresso has a very distinct, strong flavor. Instant coffee would be rather blah. Look for espresso powder at your local market (near the instant coffee). If you can’t find it, then it’s easy enough to order on Amazon.
Things you can buy on Amazon to help you make this cheesecake:
- 9-inch springform pan : There is no substitute. You need a springform pan to make cheesecakes!
- instant espresso powder: This is the brand I use. Sometimes you can find it in the grocery store.
- piping bags: This box of piping bags is convenient, and it will last you a long time!
- piping tips: This is a good set of large tips that are great for doing decor on the tops of cakes and cupcakes.
- chocolate covered espresso beans: These are completely optional, but they add a super cute touch to garnishing the cheesecake.
This creamy and delicious cappuccino cheesecake slices clean and pretty. A small slice is plenty. You’ll get 12 servings from this one.
Here are a few more cheesecake recipes you might like to try:
- Strawberry Coconut Cheesecake
- New York Style Cheesecake
- Key Lime Cheesecake
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Thin Mint Cheesecake
- No Bake Cheesecake
- Snickers Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso, dissolved in a small amount of hot water
- whipped cream and chocolate covered espresso beans, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
PREPARE THE CRUST:
- In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients with a fork until well-mixed. Press the mixture on the bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Place the pan in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
PREPARE THE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth (or mix in a large bowl with an electric mixer). Carefully spoon the filling into the springform pan so as not to disturb the crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until only the center portion is slightly jiggly. Let cool. Cover and refrigerate until firm and well chilled- at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove the sides when ready to serve.
- *You may also use chocolate cookie crumbs or chocolate graham cracker crumbs in place of graham cracker crumbs.