Here’s a really easy and delicious cheesecake recipe for you: Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
When my husband and I got married almost 21 years ago, we had long talks about what sort of cake to have at our wedding. We tasted all of the traditional kinds, but I tried my best to sway him toward having a wedding cake made entirely of cheesecake! Sadly, he wanted nothing to do with that idea.
I have loved cheesecake since the beginning of time. Fancy types of cheesecake usually don’t impress me all that much. A simple cheesecake with little adornment is best. This is one of those simple cheesecake recipes. And it has just enough chocolate in it to please the chocolate lovers!
This Chocolate Chip Cheesecake recipe couldn’t be easier to make. It has a cookie crust, a simple chocolate chip- dotted cheesecake filling, and it bakes up perfectly.
You can probably see from the pics that mine cracked a little on top. Cracks don’t really matter much with this cheesecake because of all the chocolate chips on top. No biggie. It still looks and tastes great!
A short chill time will yield clean slices. Petite slices are plenty enough. This is a rich dessert, so a few bites are completely satisfying.
For the record, we ended up with spice cake for our wedding cake. That happens to be my favorite… if cheesecake isn’t available. Nowadays I’d do exactly what I wanted and have cheesecake instead. Chocolate Chip Cheesecake would be a definite choice!
Here are a few more chocolate chip recipes you might enjoy:
- Mini Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle
- Oreo and Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1½ cups finely crushed Oreos (about 20)
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter, melted
- Three 8-ounce boxes cream cheese, at room temperature
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
PREPARE THE CRUST:
- In a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and the butter. Pat evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan. You will not be baking the crust.
PREPARE THE FILLING:
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until fluffy- about 2 minutes. Add the sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, toss 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips with the flour. Stir into the filling mixture and scrape evenly into the prepared pan- on top of the cookie crust. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the cheesecake has very little jiggle left in the middle. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, remove the sides of the pan and cut into wedges. Keep refrigerated.