Here’s a super easy recipe for Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars.
These cheesecake bars are everything you want in a sweet and simple-to-make bar recipe.
A sweet and crunchy crust is topped with a creamy cheesecake layer dotted with miniature chocolate chips. Since they’re kept in the refrigerator, they’re on the ready when you feel like munching on a cool, sweet treat!
This recipe comes from a new book by my blogging friend Jocelyn Brubaker: Cheesecake Love- Inventive, Irresistible, and Super-Easy Cheesecake Desserts for Every Day. I’m absolutely crazy about cheesecake, so this book is perfect for me!
The book includes a bunch of different ways to make cheesecake: full cheesecakes, bars, no-bake, small desserts, cheesecake in brownies and pies… yum, right?
Here are a few recipes that stood out to me and are on my must-make-someday list: Vanilla Bean Cheesecake (because plain cheesecake is the best-ever dessert!!), Triple Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake, Caramel Pecan Cheesecake, Skinny Mini Cheesecakes (for when I have to have cheesecake… but I’m on a diet!), Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Cookie Bars, Peppermint Swirl Cheesecake Brownies, Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Pie and Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins.
This book is perfect for the cheesecake lover in your life. That’s me!
The recipe begins by using your big, awesome KitchenAid food processor to obliterate some Oreos into crumbs. If you do not have this particular food processor, you can certainly use another… but I adore my KitchenAid. It’s super powerful, and it takes just seconds to blast cookies into crumbs! Plus, it’s RED! So pretty.
You can check out all of their food processors on the KitchenAid website.
And there are the crumbs! You’ll mix the cookie crumbs with some melted butter to make the crust for the cheesecake bars- then that goes into the oven for 10 minutes.
This is a rare sighting of me in my kitchen… mixing up the cheesecake batter. My hubby grabbed my camera and snuck in a photo!
Since I’m a giant, super-fan of cheesecake… I think it’s safe to say that I’m qualified to recommend these cheesecake bars. They were gone within days from our refrigerator- where I thought they might be safe (not!)
These bars are perfect for a small gathering of friends or for everyday munching for your hungry family. I stuck a few of them in the freezer, and they appear to store well in there too with easy defrosting.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:45 minutes
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- Three 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large Egglands Best eggs
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9x13-inch pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Prepare the crust: Place the Oreos (cream filling included!) in a food processor. Pulse the cookies until they become crumbs. In a medium bowl, combine the crumbs and melted butter. Press the crumbs evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove to cool for at least 20 minutes before adding the filling. Keep the oven on.
- Place a large, rimmed baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven and fill it halfway with water.
- Prepare the cheesecake: In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until creamy. Then mix in the sugar, sour cream and vanilla; beat until smooth. Beat in the flour. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in 1 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Spread the cheesecake batter over the cooled crust. Sprinkle the top of the cheesecake with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake the cheesecake on a rack above the pan of water for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack. Let the cheesecake cool for 1 hour, then refrigerate for 4 hours or until completely chilled.
- Cut the cheesecake into 24 bars, and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Here are a few more cheesecake bar recipes you might enjoy:
- No-Bake S’Mores Cheesecake Bars by RecipeBoy
- Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Bars by Recipe Girl
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars by She Wears Many Hats
- Apple Cheesecake Bars by Crazy for Crust
Disclosure: I received a copy of the Cheesecake Love cookbook for review purposes. I also received a food processor from KitchenAid for review purposes. There are Amazon affiliate links included within this post. I only write about products that I use naturally in my kitchen!