These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles are little bites of egg free chocolate chip cookie dough covered in a chocolate coating.
If you’re a lover of chocolate chip cookie dough, you’re going to love the creamy centers of these truffles.
I’ve never liked chocolate chip cookies. Go ahead and throw tomatoes at me if you’d like, but I just don’t really like them. They’re a plain old cookie, after all, with a few studs of chocolate chips in them. And they’re nothing special to me, unless I can get some cookie dough-action before they meet their fate in the oven.
I’d much rather drown my sorrows in a bowl of cookie dough than nibble a dozen “cookies” dipped in milk. Yep, the cookie dough is definitely where it’s at.
I know there are plenty of cookie-dough-nay-sayers out there… you know, the salmonella scare and all . Well, I grew up licking cookie dough beaters and cake batter-covered rubber spatulas. I guess I’ve been lucky. In any case, these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles do not contain any egg, so no worries there. Some people worry about using flour too. I have never had a problem there either.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles:
Chilled chocolate chip cookie dough is rolled into 1-inch balls. You’ll get 3 to 4 dozen of them out of this recipe.
Those chilled dough balls are dipped in chocolate and then placed onto waxed paper to set. Add any special decor you’d like to the tops. Refrigerate them again if you’d like them to set quickly.
I dip a few in Ghirardelli White Chocolate Bark and a few in the Chocolate version too. Little drizzles of alternative colors and sprinkles of chips fancy them up a bit.
Oh yeah! There’s that cookie dough inside. These are for cookie dough lovers. If you love cookie dough as much as I do… you’ll love these little treats. There is no egg in the dough… just a creamy dough center and chocolate chips as you bite into that chocolate exterior. These are a big time favorite recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
Egg free chocolate chip cookie dough chilled and dipped in chocolate to create truffles!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 pounds chocolate bark, for melting and dipping
- additional chocolate chips & sprinkles, for topping
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together butter and brown sugar. Add the vanilla. Beat in the flour, 1 cup at a time, until it is incorporated and you no longer see chunks of brown sugar (if you spot any, just squish them). Beat in the sweetened condensed milk and mix until well-combined. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Cover the bowl of cookie dough and refrigerate until the dough is firm (at least 1 hour- maybe more... you want the dough to be quite firm). Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out heaping tablespoonfuls, roll into balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Place all of the rolled balls back into the refrigerator until you are ready to dip them in chocolate.
Melt the chocolate bark in a glass bowl- easiest to do in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring after each heating time, until smooth. Use a spoon to help you dip the chilled dough ball into the chocolate and roll it around to cover all sides. Place it on a waxed paper-lined platter. Sprinkle with any desired toppings. Repeat with the rest of the dough balls. They'll begin to set pretty quickly. Keep them refrigerated until ready to serve.
- *I use the Ghirardelli Candy Making Dipping Bar- both Double Chocolate and White flavors. It's available at Sam's Club- they may have it at Costco too.
- *You may wish to speed up the chilling process and place the balls into the freezer, but it's not such a good idea. The dough freezes up and then when it begins to warm up again- it expands and may cause the chocolate coating to crack.
- *Have your own favorite cookie dough recipe? Leave out the eggs, add a little milk to compensate for any dryness in the dough, and try making truffles with your own recipe!