This recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: Ellie Krieger’s Healthy Fish Tacos.
Fish Tacos w/ Chipotle Cream
Yield: 4 servings (2 tacos per serving)
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 15 min
We are big fish taco fans here in Southern California, and my family absolutely loves this healthier version of the fish taco. Very tasty.
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 pound tilapia
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
2 Tablespoons light sour cream
2 teaspoons canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1 1/2 cups green cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup corn
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the fish fillets and let marinate for 20 minutes. Put the yogurt into a strainer lined with a paper towel and place over a bowl to drain and thicken for 20 minutes.
2. Remove the fish from the marinade and grill on a preheated grill or nonstick grill pan over a medium-high heat until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Set the fish aside on a plate for 5 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine the thickened yogurt, mayonnaise (or sour cream) and chipotle chiles.
4. Heat tortillas on grill or grill pan for 30 seconds on each side.
5. Flake the fish with a fork. Top each tortilla with 1 Tablespoon of the chipotle cream. Top with fish, cabbage, corn and cilantro; serve with lime wedges.
*You can sub another white, flaky fish for the tilapia if you'd like (such as halibut).Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving size: 2 tacos
Calories per serving: 322
Fat per serving: 13g
Saturated Fat per serving: 2g
Sugar per serving: 2.5g
Fiber per serving: 3.5g
Protein per serving: 28g
Cholesterol per serving: 40.5mg
Carbohydrates per serving: 20.29g
WW POINTS per serving:
Points Plus Program: 8 Old Points Program: 7
Source: RecipeGirl.com (via Healthy Living with Ellie Krieger)