posted in Candy

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

I love, love, love these little treats: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

I’ve never liked chocolate chip cookies. Go ahead and throw tomatoes at me if you’d like, but I don’t like ’em. They’re just a plain old cookie, after all, with a few studs of chocolate chips in them. They’re nothing special to me, unless you get some cookie dough-action before it meets its fate in the oven. Now you’re talkin’. I’d much rather drown my sorrows in a bowl of cookie dough than nibble a dozen “cookies” dipped in milk. Yep, the cookie dough is definitely where it’s at.

I know there are plenty of cookie-dough-nay-sayers out there… you know, the salmonella scare and all . Well, I grew up licking cookie dough beaters and cake batter-covered rubber spatulas. I guess I’ve been lucky. In any case, these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles do not contain any egg, so no worries there. Here’s the how-to:

Chilled dough is rolled into 1-inch balls. You’ll get 3 to 4 dozen of them out of this recipe.

Those chilled dough balls are dipped in chocolate and then placed onto waxed paper to set. Add any special decor you’d like to the tops. Refrigerate them again if you’d like them to set quickly.

I dipped a few in Ghirardelli White Chocolate Bark and a few in the Chocolate version too. Little drizzles of alternative colors and sprinkles of chips fancy them up a bit.

Oh yeah! There’s that cookie dough inside. These are for cookie dough lovers. If you love cookie dough as much as I do… you’ll love these little treats. No egg inside… just tender dough and chocolate chips as you bite into that chocolate exterior. Love these :)

Yield: 3 to 4 dozen truffles

Prep Time: 45 minutes + chilling time

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

Best served cold, these treats are for cookie-dough lovers.

• 1/2 cup salted butter, at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • chocolate bark, to melt for dipping
  • additional chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc., optional for topping the truffles

1. In a large bowl, use electric mixer to cream together butter and brown sugar. Add vanilla. Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until it is incorporated and you no longer see chunks of brown sugar (if you spot any, just squish them). Beat in sweetened condensed milk and mix until well-combined. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
  2. Cover bowl and refrigerate until dough is firm (at least 1 hour- maybe more... you want the dough to be quite firm). Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out heaping Tablespoonfuls, roll into balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Place all of the rolled balls back into the refrigerator until you are ready to dip them in chocolate.
  3. Melt chocolate bark in a glass bowl- easiest to do in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring after each heating time, until smooth. Use a spoon to help you dip the chilled dough ball into the chocolate and roll it around to cover all sides. Place it on a waxed paper-lined platter. Sprinkle with any desired toppings. Repeat with the rest of the dough balls. They'll begin to set pretty quickly. Keep them refrigerated until ready to serve.

• I used the Ghirardelli Candy Making Dipping Bar- both Double Chocolate and White flavors. It's available at Sam's Club- they may have it at Costco too.
  • You may wish to speed up the chilling process and place the balls into the freezer, but it's not such a good idea. The dough freezes up and then when it begins to warm up again- it expands and may cause the chocolate coating to crack.
  • Have your own favorite cookie dough recipe? Leave out the eggs, add a little milk to compensate for any dryness in the dough, and try making truffles with your own recipe!
SOURCE: (Adapted from Food Network)

168 Responses to “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles”

1. postedMar 30, 2011 3:42 AM

Love these. I want one NOW!

2. postedMar 30, 2011 5:00 AM

I was just saying to my husband how I really wanted to eat some cookie dough. This looks like the perfect solution!

3. postedMar 30, 2011 5:03 AM

These look so tasty, and so fun to make! Love these.

4. postedMar 30, 2011 5:06 AM

Love cookie dough! These are such cute little treats. Your photos make them look completely irresistible!

5. postedMar 30, 2011 7:06 AM

those look delicious! and so easy, too!

6. postedMar 30, 2011 7:11 AM

These look AMAZING! I want to make them now! But alas, I’ve got to work! I think you have inspired a lot of choc chip ideas this week! LOVE The theme for the week and love this recipe. I think I might try these with my bonus daughter this weekend!!!

7. postedMar 30, 2011 7:17 AM

These look delicious Lori. I can see a baking spree coming on because this looks like an ideal project to do with my daughter. We both love cookie dough!

8. postedMar 30, 2011 7:35 AM
    Mikaela Cowles

I feel like these should just be wrong because I could eat them until all 3 or 4 dozen are gone. Somehow wrong sounds quite tasty though, doesn’t it? How long do they keep (if you could keep them)?

9. postedMar 30, 2011 7:38 AM

These are absolutely adorable, Lori! I’m sure I wouldn’t be able to stop eating these.

10. postedMar 30, 2011 7:41 AM

woahhh! Those look almost too good to eat. ALMOST. πŸ˜‰

11. postedMar 30, 2011 7:45 AM

I could easily eat a dozen of these!

12. postedMar 30, 2011 7:55 AM

Oh yay!! Oh how I wish we were neighbors today!! Looks beautiful!

13. postedMar 30, 2011 8:19 AM

Um, I just gained 10 lbs looking at your beautiful photos!!! I do love chocolate chip cookies but very very picky about which chocolate chip cookie is worth my time, so I won’t throw tomatoes at you, because I get what you mean! πŸ˜‰ Thanks for the recipe!

14. postedMar 30, 2011 10:12 AM

Wow, these look incredible!! They definitely would NOT stand a chance in my house. πŸ˜‰

15. postedMar 30, 2011 10:31 AM

I’m making these tonight as a birthday gift for my mother-in-law!

16. postedMar 30, 2011 10:51 AM

Love these! I like the way you decorated them. When I made them, I did the mini chocolate chips on top like you show here, but you have so many creative ones :)

17. postedMar 30, 2011 11:20 AM

I do love cc cookies (with cold milk), so am looking forward to Friday’s post about chips.
    But these truffles can’t be beat! CC Dough + frosting= heaven.

18. postedMar 30, 2011 12:30 PM

Gorgeous and cute and totally legitimizes eating cookie dough!

19. postedMar 30, 2011 12:43 PM
    Debbie Koenig

Yum! I make these too, and sprinkle sea salt on top. So. Freaking. Good.

20. postedMar 30, 2011 12:46 PM

What beautiful photos- these look so tasty!

21. postedMar 30, 2011 4:26 PM

These sound so so good. Definitely an easy crowd pleaser! Keeping this recipe in mind.

22. postedMar 30, 2011 6:52 PM

These look just perfect!!

23. postedMar 30, 2011 8:20 PM

Oh why did you have to do this to me? There is no way that I can NOT make these!

24. postedMar 30, 2011 8:51 PM

Incredible!! Chocolate chip cookie dough is where it is at…I can’t wait to try these!! πŸ˜‰

25. postedMar 30, 2011 9:04 PM
    RecipeGirl's Mom

Darling little morsels with a very creative decor! MOM

26. postedMar 30, 2011 10:07 PM

Oh. wow. I am so making these this weekend!!

27. postedMar 31, 2011 3:57 AM

Yum! Your truffles look so pretty, too!

28. postedMar 31, 2011 3:59 AM

aren’t they baked?? raw flour????? disgusting!!

• March 31st, 2011 @ 12:45 PM

Do you not like raw cookie dough?

29. postedMar 31, 2011 6:28 AM

These look absolutely delicious! I love cookie dough in ice cream, so why not wrapped in chocolate!

I’ll definitely be trying these :)

30. postedMar 31, 2011 10:28 AM

UM WOW! What great photos and these are just to die for!

31. postedMar 31, 2011 12:07 PM

The only thing that could make these better would be if there is a carb free version.

32. postedMar 31, 2011 12:13 PM

Your photos make my jaw drop in wonder. Wow. Beautiful.

33. postedMar 31, 2011 12:43 PM

Omg yum. This is everything I want in my life.

34. postedMar 31, 2011 3:03 PM

Sorry, Lori, but I’m the opposite. Love the cookie, can’t eat the raw dough!

35. postedMar 31, 2011 4:42 PM

Those look amazing. Your pictures are gorgeous!

36. postedMar 31, 2011 7:11 PM
    Sara Johnson

These look delish! How in the world do you get them to look so good after dipping them? Mine look so pathetic! I need some major help!

37. postedMar 31, 2011 7:29 PM

GORGEOUS!!! LOVE THESE!!! (sorry for shouting, they are just that cool!)

38. postedMar 31, 2011 7:41 PM

Wow those look dangerously tasty.

39. postedMar 31, 2011 9:00 PM
    Melissa W

These look so yummy! Where do you buy the Ghirardelli chocolate dipping bars? I would love to use them when I dip things…thanks!

• April 1st, 2011 @ 6:29 AM

@Melissa W, I got boxes (shaped 8 1/2×11) at Sam’s Club. They may sell them at CostCo too.

40. postedApr 1, 2011 12:18 AM
    Annie McNeil

I made these in my dorm and immediately got a proposal for marriage.

41. postedApr 1, 2011 8:26 AM

Lovely! These would be a great treat for a baby or bridal shower…so beautiful I included your post on my Feature Fridays.

42. postedApr 1, 2011 5:34 PM

These lookk extremely yummy!!

43. postedApr 1, 2011 11:01 PM

So yummy.

44. postedApr 2, 2011 2:57 AM
    The manly Housewife

Cookie dough just got put on the shopping list… and your fingers must be sore after listing all those recipes. I am going through them now thank you for them

45. postedApr 2, 2011 6:09 PM

i completely agree that the dough is better than the actual cookie!

46. postedApr 2, 2011 7:26 PM

I threw up once because I ate too much cookie dough. I’d still do it again, though. :-)

47. postedApr 4, 2011 10:30 AM
    The Food Hound

Dough is definitely better than the actual cookie in the case of chocolate chip cookies… but I wouldn’t go so far as to say I don’t like chocolate chip cookies :) These look so great, and I wouldn’t even judge if they had egg in them :)

48. postedApr 4, 2011 6:13 PM

Oh. My. Good. God. Orgasm in my mouth.

49. postedApr 6, 2011 8:31 PM

i just finished making these…they weren’t very good at all. the dough takes forever to harden, and as soon as it does, when you roll them into a ball, they soften and melt again before you can even put them in chocolate. also, WAY too much condensed milk. i’d use maybe 3/4 of the can. it was very runny and tasted like nothing but condensed milk and flour. next time, i’m sticking with real cookie dough. i’ve been eating it for years and nothing has ever happened, to anyone that i know.

• April 7th, 2011 @ 5:11 AM

@alexa, Sorry to hear you didn’t care for them- mine stayed firm and did not soften when rolling. I wonder if the consistency of sweetened condensed milk varies? You can certainly use a regular chocolate chip cookie dough recipe and just leave out the egg- add a little milk to get a softer consistency.

• April 13th, 2011 @ 12:23 PM

@alexa, Hi there! StumbledUpon this recipe last week and it’s been all I can think about since! LOL! So I am in the process of making these as we speak, well they’re actually setting up in the fridge now. I did a little research last night because I didn’t want to use an eggless recipe, I wanted to use MY recipe (which is to absolute heaven). My findings tell me that if an egg, or egg product is either pasteurized, or as my egg box says, “kept at around 45 degrees” and no lower, the cookie dough consumer should be safe. Of course there is always that chance, but I am 40 years old and have been consuming cookie dough for much of my life (no, I’m not fat everything in moderation, right?) and I have yet to get sick from it. Am I telling you to use regular ol’ cookie dough? Nope! I am just telling you what I chose to do… By the way, I am sharing these at the Scuba Diving Club Meeting I am attending tonight… I’ll post an update if anyone is interested to know how they went over. :)

50. postedApr 7, 2011 2:04 PM

Just made these and they turned out pretty good!!
    just a couple things though, maybe dont add quite as much flour as this recipe calls for as i can taste it a little. Also try to make the balls a little small to avoid the overpowering amount of cookie dough i used.
    Thanks for the recipe!!

51. postedApr 10, 2011 6:51 PM

These look amazing! I’m going to make them next week!:)

52. postedApr 15, 2011 6:16 PM

How fun, Lori!

53. postedApr 17, 2011 5:15 PM

These are amazing, and super fun to make! While I would agree with Amy on the too much flour comment, it’s not hard to tweak this recipe.
    Needless to say, my house smells like chocolate, and I will be using this again – possible experimenting with artificial flavoring.

54. postedApr 24, 2011 12:08 AM

My boyfriend and I just made these and they OWN. I think you should call them millionaire truffles because they are sososo rich. And amazing. Did I mention amazing? Thank you for posting this. :) <3

55. postedApr 30, 2011 4:44 AM

These look amazing! Must make these for friends sometime

56. postedApr 30, 2011 10:34 AM

I wanted to tell you that I completely agree with your stance on chocolate chip cookies. Whenever a friend would bring cookies to a group dinner, I was always sorely disappointed. Chocolate chip cookies just don’t do it for me. So, I thinks these cookie dough cookies are an amazing idea. Everyone loves cookie dough…especially me. Thanks for the inspiration.

57. postedMay 1, 2011 8:42 AM

I just made these last night. And everything worked out according to your recipe. However, when I ‘beat’ the sweetened condensed milk into the creamed butter, sugar, and flour it broke my electric hand mixer. So i recommend using a wooden spoon to mix that all together. I also made them a tad smaller, so the cookie dough wouldn’t be overpowering. And they were delicious! Overall GREAT recipe!

• May 1st, 2011 @ 5:50 PM

Yikes! My cookie dough was very soft so I can’t believe it broke your mixer! I’m so sorry!! Glad you enjoyed the recipe though :)

58. postedMay 1, 2011 12:01 PM

i just made these and they are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! very rich and creamy. i recommend everyone to try these. :)

59. postedMay 5, 2011 9:40 AM

My daughter and I made these and they turned out splendidly! Thank you for the recipe! I am posting a link to it on my blog today!

60. postedMay 8, 2011 5:28 PM

Just finished making these, and I’m quite disappointed. I had to tweek the recipe quite a bit for the stuff I had in the house; instead of brown sugar I used icing sugar; instead of regular flour used rice flour; and instead of mini chocolate chips I used normal ones.

Before I mixed all the ingredients together and put it in the fridge, I had no clue this was a no bake recipe, haha. A mistake on my own that I didn’t read through the entire recipe.

However these did turn out, extremely sweet. And the consistency on the inside , was weird, I believe it was the flour I’m tasting.

Definitely going to be giving these to everyone I know, see if they like them, because I really don’t. Haha.

Oh well, they look really cute, I’m just not so sure about the taste.

• May 8th, 2011 @ 6:48 PM

I’m not sure you’d have gotten the same result that I did since you made some pretty significant changes to the recipe! Powdered sugar is not interchangeable w/ brown sugar, and I’ve never tasted rice flour… so I’m not at all sure what flavor that would lend. In any case, sorry it didn’t turn out for you…

61. postedMay 15, 2011 6:20 PM

These are outstanding….thought my husband was going to die! He asked if he could just take the bowl full of batter and park himself on the couch with a spoon! I’m sure they’ll be gone in a heartbeat at work tomorrow. Next time, I might try to dissolve the sugar before beating, I think its just a texture thing with me. Such an ingenious little dessert and sure to give my Oreo truffles a run for their money!

62. postedMay 16, 2011 12:06 PM

i had a question if anyone can help me…. i saw this amazing little recipe and i had bought nestle chocolate chip cookie dough and i was wondering if i had to use that recipe of chocolate chip cookie dough up there or can i use the one i bought. i thought about this awesome last night and so bought one in the tube in the refigerated aisle is it ok to use instead of the one on the recipe?

• May 16th, 2011 @ 10:32 PM

Haven’t tried it so it’s hard to say… let me know if you give it a go!

63. postedMay 17, 2011 7:47 PM

I fell in love just reading this recipe. And i’m actually in the process of making them right now but they’re in the fridge hardening. I read through the comments and I can add to some of them that they are right about the too much sweetened condensed milk and floury taste. I was wondering what I can add to these to sweeten them up a little and make it less.. weird tasting. I’m pretty sure it’s the condensed milk though, I used almost the whole 14 ounces but it did seem like a little too much, is there a way i can get that taste hidden a little? Other than that i’m pretty excited to make these for my roommates! I’m anxious to dip them but they’ve been in the fridge since 9 and still are not hard enough to put into balls :( I’m 100% positive i followed your directions exactly the way you wrote them!

• May 17th, 2011 @ 8:23 PM

I liked them as-is, but I definitely preferred them dipped in chocolate rather than eating the dough on its own. Hopefully, the dough will harden up for you. Might let it sit overnight?

64. postedMay 18, 2011 8:22 AM

Yeah the dough actually tasted fine this morning, but it’s still not hardened…. :( Like i can get it to roll into a ball but when i try and put it on the plate it falls flat or it won’t even come off my fingertip! I’m so sad. I really wanted to dip these before i went to work today.

• May 18th, 2011 @ 8:37 AM

That’s really, really strange. My was firm enough after a couple of hours to roll into balls. I wonder if the consistency of sweetened condensed milk tends to vary. That’s all I can think of. You can see from the pics that my dough stayed together!

65. postedMay 18, 2011 9:25 PM

I know!! Yours are perfect but mine just won’t harden! But yeah my sweetened condensed milk was really syrupy, and really thick. I was even debating on using it all when I first saw it because it just looked so thick.. But I didn’t wanna not follow your instructions! Haha. I’m thinking about just adding a tad more flour, that seems like my only option right now because it’s literally been over 24 hours and they still are so soft I can’t even keep them in ball form! Geeeeeeeeeze. I’m so not willing to give up though, i spent so much on candy coating that i WILL dip these eventually! Lol

66. postedMay 24, 2011 5:35 PM

I can’t wait to try these! Stumbled upon them today, can’t believe I didn’t see them before :-)

67. postedMay 27, 2011 7:45 AM
    Adam Gloer

Let me join all my fellow cookie dough lovers ! this recipe is inspired by the pure love of ingredients that make up a fairly common fair and lifts it up and beyond . I to was raised licking the bowl cleaning the beaters with my tongue I love it makes me smile just thinking about it

68. postedMay 28, 2011 10:27 AM
    marcy Horwitz

these chocolate chip cookie dough truffles look so good. would it work if you use a mix of chocolate chip cookie dough and make the truffles with that?

• May 28th, 2011 @ 7:54 PM

Well, I haven’t tried a mix… so I really can’t tell you for sure if it will work or not. I’d give it a shot and see!

69. postedJun 5, 2011 10:15 AM

I made these yesterday and followed the recipe exactly and they hardened in about an hour and were perfectly able to roll! I made half of them into truffles and half of them into chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes, very yummy! However, it was EXTREMELY rich and sweet! Maybe some people can handle that more than others, but I can only eat one per day! Overall, very good, I just maybe need to figure out a way to make it not quite as sweet…

70. postedJun 9, 2011 10:46 AM

I have a question about the butter. I have like 10 sticks of unsalted butter in my house – all of which are long expired because I rarely use them. Can I use salted butter in this recipe or would that taste awful?

• June 9th, 2011 @ 11:01 AM

Yes, use salted butter. Whenever I call for butter in my recipes, it’s for the regular salted kind. If a recipe needs unsalted, I’ll indicate it as such. Hope you enjoy!

71. postedJun 9, 2011 5:58 PM

These cookies are sooo delicious. I just made them and ate about 7!!!!!!! These are just perfect for any occasion, and they are very easy to make, no baking at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How amazing these truffles just made my day:) LOVE THEM SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! You got to make these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)))

72. postedJun 13, 2011 6:09 PM

Lori, I must say you are amazing. I have tried a few of your recipes and they are as you describe, amazing!!! These truffles were were beyond words. My daughter couldn’t stop eating the dough. Lets just say I did get as many truffles and the recipe indicated.

• June 13th, 2011 @ 8:10 PM

Happy to hear! And thank you for that nice compliment :)

73. postedJun 14, 2011 3:50 PM

Hey, just made these today! They turned out awesome but I only used about half (or less) of the condensed milk. I also didn’t use expensive chocolate for the coating but it made no difference to me :]

Here’s a picture of mine:

74. postedJun 16, 2011 3:18 PM

According to the CDC, one in 20,000 eggs is contaminated with Samonella… that’s over 2 million eggs per year in the US. What are YOUR chances of getting sick from one of those eggs? Well, if you’re young, healthy, and not immunocompromised, probably not a whole lot. But if you ever DO get Samonella poisoning, it will break you of the raw batter/dough habit for life. That much I know from experience. Do I miss the taste? Oh yeah. Do I ever want to take that risk again? NO WAY!

75. postedJun 18, 2011 9:47 PM

These are very good, but they’re very rich. Next time I make them, they’ll be bite size, make them easier to eat.

76. postedJul 12, 2011 4:55 PM

I’ve made these twice now, and I’m making them again soon because they’re always a hit! I bring them to theater cast parties and never have leftovers. I have yet to have a problem with consistency or flavor, and I followed the recipe, although I do make them smaller and once I made disks instead of balls. The only thing I do differently is to put a bit of flour on my hands when I roll them so they don’t stick, that might help if they’re runny. Thanks for the recipe!

77. postedAug 1, 2011 6:50 AM

These look AMAZING and I’ve started making them for my sister’s wedding shower this weekend. I made the dough (turned out perfectly, by the way!) and it’s in little balls chilling in the fridge. Do you have any idea how well these keep? Would I be ok dipping them in chocolate today and keeping them chilled, or should I freeze the dough balls and decorate closer to the weekend?

Although, if you’re anything like me, I’m not sure you could vouch for how long they keep – they don’t stick around that long!

• August 1st, 2011 @ 3:18 PM

Oh gosh, it’s tough to give advice when I haven’t done it myself. If you freeze the dough, don’t dip in chocolate while frozen or you might see cracking. As far as how long they last- I would think they’d be fine dipped in choc a day or two before your event and then kept in the fridge. Good luck!

78. postedAug 6, 2011 7:44 PM

How long will the dough stay refridgerated? I wanted to make mini-truffles for my mother-in-law’s birthday and made 6 dozen minis with a ton of dough left. I don’t want to waste it, but I really don’t want to make a ton more cookie dough balls for a party with less than 20 people! Any idea how long it will last in the fridge or freezer?

• August 8th, 2011 @ 1:47 PM

I’d freeze it if you want to keep it… just like any other cookie dough- maybe a month or so? Just guessing…

79. postedAug 10, 2011 8:21 PM

I just got done whipping these up. I haven’t tried the finished product because I am full from eating the scraps of cookie dough off of the scoops. NUM! They were easy to make and the recipe makes plenty of dough (at least for my purposes). Thanks for the idea!!

80. postedAug 11, 2011 8:41 AM

I don’t like chocolate chip cookies either!!!! People always think I’m crazy but they’re just booorring. If I’m going to eat that many calories, I want em to count. But these look sinfully delicious. I can’t wait to make them :)

81. postedAug 19, 2011 5:47 PM

Fantasmic! I had VERY little kitchen equipment for this and whipped up everything with a rice paddle, it was a bit of a work out for creaming, but they came out SO SPECTACULARLY. I coated them all in rainbow sprinkles at the end, YUM. Instead of using the microwave for the melting I used a glass bowl over simmering water, but I love that you could conceivably make all of this with kitchen dorm equipment (a fridge, a microwave, a bowl and spoon).

How long do you think they’d last in the fridge? I’d imagine awhile because there are no eggs right?

• August 19th, 2011 @ 6:23 PM

A week or so?

82. postedOct 29, 2011 5:43 PM

How long cann these be stored in the fridge? :)

• October 30th, 2011 @ 8:46 PM

several days…

83. postedNov 3, 2011 11:06 AM

i saw this recipe and my heart just about jumped out of my chest i was soooo excited!!! so i ran out to the store and bought all the things i needed to make it. yet when i was adding the milk i knew that it was going to be too much, it turned the mixture watery and weird tasting but i put it in the fridge anyway, hoping it would harden. i kept checking it every hour and it never got harder than tapioca, so i left it over night. this morning i checked it and it still was tapioca… so i came back to my computer and started reading over the comments and saw that there were some that turned out like mine… then i went to find the brand of condensed milk i used and found out i used evaporated milk………… i remember being at the store and saying, no i dont need condensed milk i have some and when i got home i just grabbed a can out of the cupboard and used it, i didnt even read it or think twice. maybe some of the other ladies made the same mistake as well because their results sound just like mine…. im going back to the store to get the right milk today, ill let you know how it turns out.

• November 4th, 2011 @ 6:29 AM

Yikes! Yes, evaporated milk is very different from condensed! Hope you got it to work out on round 2 :)

84. postedNov 3, 2011 3:39 PM

So easy and quick, thanks for sharing :)

85. postedNov 4, 2011 4:27 PM

This brings back many fond memories of indulging in the “evil” habit of eating raw cookie dough. Chocolate chip/oatmeal cookie dough was divine and we always licked the cake batter bowl.

I even put ginger creme raw cookie dough on top freshly-baked ginger creme cookies for icing. yum yum yum ~ And then there was cinnamon roll dough with all the goody slathered on top :)

Oh my…

86. postedNov 4, 2011 7:29 PM

what a great idea! I was just enjoying some chocolate brownie mixture the other day thinking how much yummier it was before being cooked!

87. postedNov 6, 2011 2:26 PM
    Halle K

These are literally HEAVEN in a truffle. SO MOFOING GOOD

88. postedNov 7, 2011 4:20 PM
    Regina Riccio

Helloooo, I just adore your serving dish with the ribbon and bow ( which I’m assuming you can change the ribbon to your pleasing) this i FABULOUS! and I neeeed to know where you got it!

• November 7th, 2011 @ 6:29 PM

I got it at HomeGoods. Do you have one of those?

89. postedNov 8, 2011 1:16 PM
    Regina Riccio

I do! I will be on the look out thank you so much :)

90. postedNov 10, 2011 2:40 PM
    ~Natural Little Mother~

These look so good. I am going to make them for Thanks Giving! They will be perfect after all the turkey.

91. postedNov 11, 2011 9:22 AM

These are SO GENIUS! I made 2 batches- NOTHING went wrong. From my experience condensed milk has varied a lot. Plus my fridge is SUPER cold and I just used a spoon to glob them on wax paper BEFORE putting them in the fridge. I think where you are on the ‘globe’ will affect it too. Thanks Lori!

92. postedNov 15, 2011 6:28 PM

Wow, these look fantastic!
    This may be a stupid question, but do these require refrigeration after the chocolate has set? I’m wondering because I would love to send some to my brother for his birthday, but I don’t want to send them if they would go bad in a day or two without refrigeration.

• November 15th, 2011 @ 10:35 PM

Yes, they do. They are not a good for mailing!

93. postedNov 16, 2011 8:07 AM

Hi, Lori. I am so excited to make these for the holidays. They sound delicious and yours look exquisite! I’ve read msot of the comments and see how long they last in the fridge…but have you ever made them and froze them ahead? I have done this with Oreo Truffles and wondered if this would work as well. Let me know if you or anyone else has experience with this. It would be tremendously helpful to be able to have them ready to thaw at room temperature for my upcoming party.

• November 16th, 2011 @ 5:37 PM

The only problem I have with freezing these is that the chocolate sometimes cracks in the freezer.

94. postedNov 22, 2011 8:50 AM

they dont need to be baked?just the frigde part?

• November 22nd, 2011 @ 10:52 AM

Yep- this is one for cookie *dough* lovers :)

95. postedNov 23, 2011 9:07 AM
    Nicolette Seeback

I just made these and you can taste the flour in it. I’m making another batch and adding powdered sugar

96. postedNov 27, 2011 4:47 PM

Sounds GOOD as everyone says, but I was just wondering… IS it unhealthy (besides the gaining fat part) in any way since none of this is getting cooked?

• November 27th, 2011 @ 9:21 PM

I’ve not heard anything unhealthy about eating raw, unless it contains raw egg.

97. postedDec 10, 2011 7:56 AM
    Elizabeth Gensch

Is there anyway that we can put them in a bag (plastic) and give them to someone with out them going bad? This is a perfect gift and i dont want to have to refrigerate them as soon as i give them to the person

• December 11th, 2011 @ 9:27 AM

You could box them and refrigerate them, but it’s not the sort of truffle recipe that can stay unrefrigerated.

98. postedDec 11, 2011 1:35 PM
    Jenna Grace

Just made these, cookie dough still isn’t hardened, been three hours. I know I did the recipe right, since my mom made me triple check everything…very disappointed.

• December 11th, 2011 @ 3:13 PM

Any chance you used evaporated milk instead of sweetened condensed milk?

99. postedDec 12, 2011 12:15 PM

So creative and perfect for quick, simple gifts.
    Martha @ Stir, Laugh, Repeat

100. postedDec 12, 2011 3:18 PM

I stumbled upon this recipe and I absolutely love it! They’re so fun to make and they have been a hit at every party I bring them too, everyone wants the recipe from me! Great recipe, thanks for sharing :)