Yield: 2 dozen medium cookies (or 15 large)
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Maple- Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
Sugar in the Raw, or coarse sugar, optional
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smoothly blended- about 1 minute. On low speed, add eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla; mix until blended. Mix in dry ingredients until moist. Mix in oats and cranberries until well combined.
4. Using ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop onto prepared sheets, spacing at least 2 inches apart (they spread). Sprinkle coarse sugar on top of each cookie, if desired.
5. Bake cookies one sheet at a time until the tops feel firm and the bottoms are lightly browned- 15-18 minutes (for large cookies). 10-12 minutes for smaller cookies
6. Cool cookies on baking sheet for about 10 minutes; transfer to wire rack until completely cooled.
*Add 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring if you would like more of a maple flavor.
*Add 1 cup of chopped walnuts if you wish.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (via Big Fat Cookies)