This recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: Best of 2007- Side Dishes.
ROMAS & GOATS
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1 tsp minced garlic
1/3 cup butter, melted
11 ounces goat cheese, softened
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ tsp salt
12 plum (Roma) tomatoes
pesto sauce (store bought is fine)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish. Stir in butter; set aside.
3. Combine goat cheese, pepper and salt in a small bowl.
4. Cut tomatoes in half horizontally. Remove seeds and pulp. Spoon about 2 tsp. goat cheese mixture into each half.
5. Dip tomato halves, upside down, in bread-crumb mixture, coating generously. Place right side up on an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer tomatoes to a serving platter. Drizzle with pesto.
Yield: 2 dozen
“Panko” is Japanese breadcrumbs- they can be found in the Asian section of your market. You may also substitute toasted fresh breadcrumbs.
Recipe Source : The Coastal Living Cookbook
“We absolutely love anything with goat cheese in it, so this recipe was a no-brainer! Very delicious indeed!”
-San Diego, CA