ROSEMARY- BRAISED LAMB SHANKS
1 Tbs olive oil
4 lamb shanks (about 3¾ lbs.)
2 medium onions, chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 cup dry white wine
3 large garlic cloves, chopped finely
1 Tbs tomato paste
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
2 large fresh rosemary sprigs
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 sprigs fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add shanks; brown on all sides, about 15 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
3. Add onions, carrots and celery to Dutch oven. Sauté until vegetables are brown, about 8 minutes.
4. Return shanks to Dutch oven. Pour wine over; boil until all liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and tomato paste. Cook 1 minute. Add broth, water, rosemary, thyme and parsley. Cover; bake in oven until shanks are tender, about 1½ hours.
5. Transfer shanks to bowl. Boil cooking liquid until thickened to sauce consistency, about 35 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Discard rosemary, thyme and parsley. Return shanks to sauce; heat through and serve.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]