These Lemon Garlic Lamb Kebabs are super simple to make on the grill!
Lemon Garlic Lamb Kebabs are delicious served with tzatziki sauce. We don’t often think about picking up lamb to grill, but it’s a nice change from grilling chicken, beef, pork or fish. It turns out so tender and wonderful when it’s lightly marinated and hot off the grill.
- leg of lamb
- lemon wedges and lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- flat leaf parsley (optional)
- tzatziki sauce (for serving)
How to make Lemon Garlic Lamb Kebabs:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
The Best Lamb Recipes:
- Lamb and Black Bean Chili
- Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Rosemary
- Grilled Lamb Burgers with Feta
- Dijon Balsamic Rack of Lamb
- Slow Cooker Lamb Stroganoff
Lemon Garlic Lamb Kebabs
- 1½ pounds leg of lamb, well-trimmed and cut into 20 equal cubes (about 1-inch each)
- 8 thin lemon wedges
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste
- flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- tzatziki sauce (store bought or homemade)
- Heat the grill to high. Assemble 4 long skewers, alternating 5 lamb cubes with 2 lemon wedges on each. Arrange the skewers in a nonmetallic dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice and garlic. Pour the marinade over the skewers; turn to coat. Let stand for at least 5 minutes (or cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally). Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil the grates. Place the skewers on the grill; cover the grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until grill marks are visible and the meat is cooked to the desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Serve the kebabs with sauce and garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
- For PALEO or DAIRY FREE, serve without the sauce.