If you’re looking for a new salad dressing to drizzle onto your fresh greens and tomatoes, this is it: Buttermilk Salad Dressing
I’m sure you already know that homemade salad dressing is a zillion times better than the store bought stuff. This recipe takes all of 10 to 15 minutes to make. And you’ll have a delicious batch of homemade dressing on your hands that you can use all week long.
I love the tangy flavor of a good buttermilk dressing. This one is super simple. It has that tangy flavor with a good splash of fresh garlic in there too.
I’ll be sharing the perfect salad to pair with this dressing in my next post, so stay tuned!
Buttermilk Salad Dressing
- 1 cup 2% low fat plain yogurt (not Greek)
- ½ cup low fat buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons low fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or green onions (the green part)
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 good pinch kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
- Taste, and add more salt, pepper or garlic, as desired.