If you’re looking for a new salad dressing to drizzle onto your fresh greens and tomatoes, this is it: Buttermilk Salad Dressing
I’m sure you already know that homemade salad dressing is a zillion times better than the store bought stuff. This recipe takes all of 10 to 15 minutes to make. And you’ll have a delicious batch of homemade dressing on your hands that you can use all week long.
I love the tangy flavor of a good buttermilk dressing. This one is super simple. It has that tangy flavor with a good splash of fresh garlic in there too.
I’ll be sharing the perfect salad to pair with this dressing in my next post, so stay tuned!
Buttermilk Salad Dressing
Prep Time:15 minutes
- 1 cup 2% low fat plain yogurt (not Greek)
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons low fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or green onions (the green part)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- a good pinch of Kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
- Taste, and add more salt or pepper or garlic, if desired.