I love this recipe for Cheddar Chive Beer Bread. It’s easy and delicious. The chives add a savory twist to the bread.
Use a good flavor of bottled beer! It’ll make a difference. Non alcoholic beer may be substituted.
Cheddar Chive Beer Bread
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces beer
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together first 3 ingredients. Stir in cheese and beer, and pour into a lightly greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.Bake for 45 minutes. Pour melted butter over the top and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- In a pinch, you can use chopped green onion tops in place of chives.
- For plain beer bread, omit the chives and cheese.