These Honey Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the next cookie recipe that you must try!
Yeah, it’s yet another chocolate chip cookie recipe on the internet! Like there aren’t enough already, right? But this one has peanut butter tucked in there and a couple of additional secret ingredients that make them worth trying. These Honey Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies have always been my son’s favorite cookies, and I love that there’s some healthy whole wheat lurking inside.
Now that’s some good stuff right there! The cookie dough includes all purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour and oats. This is a great blend of flavors in these cookies, and they bake up perfectly because of it.
The dough is chilled so you can easily roll it into little balls. This will give you nice, round cookies.
Ok, the secret is out- honey is one of the secret ingredients in these cookies. Don’t worry, there is plenty of brown sugar in there too. The honey takes the place of the white sugar, and it almost certainly makes these far better than average.
Fresh out of the oven, Honey Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are excellent dipped in milk!
And they are certainly amazing when they’re fresh and warm out of the oven too!
The recipe calls for using whole wheat pastry flour. This flour makes the cookie have a light texture. You can use all-purpose flour exclusively, if you’d like… but you’ll get a more dense and chewy cookie.
The recipe also calls for using natural peanut butter. If you want to use a more mainstream peanut butter like Jif or Skippy, reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe from 1 cup to 3/4 cup.
Notice how nicely they turn out. They’re not flattened out cookies- they rise up nicely and keep their form. They lean more toward being crispy than soft and chewy. They’re not super crispy or anything, but they’re just not super soft either.
Time to bake some cookies- enjoy!
Here are a few more chocolate chunk cookies you might like to try:
- Ina Garten’s Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Black and White Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Giant Bakery Style Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Bacon Bourbon Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Salted Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Honey Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats (whirled in the blender a few times)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate (or use packaged chocolate chunks)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, oats, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, honey, egg and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir half of the dry mixture into the peanut butter mixture. Then add the second half and stir until all is well-blended. Stir in the chocolate.
- Cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the dough is more firm and no longer sticky, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- With your hands, roll 1 heaping tablespoonful of dough for each cookie into 1 3/4-inch-diameter ball. Arrange the cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 1/2-inches apart. Bake the cookies until puffed, beginning to brown on top and still very soft to touch, about 10 to 12 minutes. Watch closely because they will burn if baked too long. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Using a metal spatula, transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- *These cookies can be made 2 days ahead of intended serving time. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Just made these cookies, and they are great. I normally don’t like peanut butter or honey, but the flavor is awesome. I also used 3/4 cup sugar as Kris suggested because I was using regular peanut butter. I also used dark brown sugar. Thanks!
These are the absolute best cookies I’ve ever had, hands down! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.
The only thing I changed was to decrease the amount of sugar from 1 c. to 3/4 c. because I used Jiffy instead of natural peanut butter.
I love the hint of honey in these cookies. I’m definitely going to experiment with the basic ingredients of this recipe to recreate my other favorites, like white chocolate cranberry and chocolate chip!
They turned out GREAT! Thanks! Didn’t change a thing.
They sound delicious. I am bookmarking them.
Yum! I think I’ll be spending my Sunday afternoon in the kitchen.