This is a delicious sauce to serve over hot cooked linguine: White Clam Sauce
Yield: Enough for 1 pound of pasta
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
White Clam Sauce
This recipe makes enough sauce to serve over 1 pound of hot cooked linguine.
- Four 6.5-ounce cans minced clams
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped basil
- salt to taste
- Drain clams and reserve the juice. In a medium saucepan, sauté the garlic in olive oil over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add wine, parsley, basil and clam juice.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Add in the clams and cook just until heated through. Add salt to taste. Serve over hot noodles.