This Chimichurri Sauce is absolutely delicious drizzled on top of so many things.
Chimichurri sauce is the most delicious sauce. If you ever see it on a menu at a steakhouse, be sure to order it. It’s so good served with steak. That’s my favorite way to enjoy it. We made this chimichurri sauce for the first time when I was invited to a Peruvian dinner party. It was the star of the show, served with Peruvian steak!
- fresh Italian parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- fresh cilantro
- garlic cloves
- crushed red pepper
- ground cumin
- sea salt
How to make Chimichurri Sauce:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Puree all of the ingredients in a food processor. That’s it! It’s so easy to make.
Transfer the chimichurri sauce to a bowl, and refrigerate if not using immediately. Enjoy this fabulous sauce. It’s so delicious!
This sauce can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.
Ways to Use Chimichurri Sauce:
- Use as a marinade.
- Drizzle it on pizza.
- Use as a sauce to top steak, chicken, pork chops or shrimp.
- Drizzle it on top of grilled vegetable kebabs or oven-roasted vegetables.
- Toss it with cucumbers and tomatoes to make a salad.
- Drizzle it on freshly sliced tomatoes.
- Toss it into potato salad.
- Serve it on the side of scrambled eggs.
The Best Savory Sauce Recipes:
- Ina Garten’s Pine Nut and Walnut Pesto Sauce
- Enchilada Sauce
- Classic Béchamel Sauce
- Cola Barbecue Sauce
- Red Pepper Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, packed
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- ¾ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate if not using immediately.
- This sauce can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.