Absolutely delicious with steak: Chimichurri Sauce
This garlicky, fresh herb sauce is perfect drizzled over grilled flank or skirt steak, and chunks of rustic bread soak up the drippings rather nicely too.
Servings: 8 servings (2 tablespoons per serving)
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, packed
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- ¾ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate if not using immediately.
- This sauce can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 126kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Sodium: 154mg, Potassium: 57mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 723IU, Vitamin C: 10mg, Calcium: 15mg, Iron: 1mg
I like the addition of cumin in your version of chimichurri…I bet that tastes great! Will have to try that next time 🙂