Let this one rest overnight and it’s perfectly delicious: Cinnamon Swirl Bread
This bread has a flavor that is reminiscent of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. YUM.
Yield: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine swirl ingredients; set aside.
- Prepare bread: In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with a fork; stir in milk and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened- batter will be lumpy.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon mixture. Pour remaining batter on top and sprinkle again with remaining cinnamon mixture. Use a knife to dip into the batter and swirl it around in a circlular motion.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 7. Cool pan on rack for 10 minutes, then remove loaf to wire rack to cool completely. Wrap and store bread overnight before slicing for best flavor.
- To toast the nuts: Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Roast 10 to 15 minutes in a 300 degree oven until you can smell them. Give them a couple shakes while they are toasting to move them around a bit.