A delicious, peanut buttery twist on the classic oatmeal cookie: Oatmeal Jumbos
These cookies have always been a family favorite!
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's
- additional M&M's and peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the peanut butter and butter until smooth (about 30 seconds). Add the sugars, baking powder and baking soda; beat until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Stir in the oats, peanuts and M&M's.
- Place heaping spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving a couple of inches in between cookies.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. If you've made smaller cookies, check them after about 10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you'd like the cookies to look 'visually' more attractive, stick a few more peanuts and M&M's onto the top of each glob of dough.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use brands of peanut butter, oats, vanilla and M&M's that are known to be GF.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted barely from Better Homes and Gardens)