Here’s an easy recipe for Sausage Gravy to top freshly baked biscuits.
Biscuits and gravy are a favorite entree to order at breakfast joints everywhere. It’s comfort food at its finest… those warm, buttery, freshly baked biscuits topped with creamy sausage gravy. This dish is sure to fill you up for a good part of the day.
And now you can make it at home! Bake your favorite biscuits- either homemade or popped out of the refrigerated can… and make this easy sausage gravy to spoon on top.
It’s a good weekend breakfast for the family.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 16 ounces breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Two 12-ounce cans evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- fresh baked biscuits, for serving (if using for biscuits & gravy)
- In large sauté pan, cook sausage and onion over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink.
- Add the flour to the pan and mix well. Stir in the evaporated milk, water, salt and tabasco (to taste). Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened and creamy.
- Serve hot over fresh-baked biscuits.
Here are a few more biscuits and gravy themed recipes you might enjoy:
- Cornmeal Biscuits and Chorizo Gravy by Cooking and Beer
- Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits by RecipeGirl
- Country Gravy Breakfast Casserole by Miss Information
- Loaded Skillet Biscuits with Bacon and Pimento Cheese Gravy by Climbing Grier Mountain