Yield: 14 servings
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 1 hr, 10 min
Susie's Breakfast Potatoes
Our family's favorite breakfast potato recipe... from my sister Susie.
6 to 8 medium potatoes
1/2 cup salted butter
One 10 3/4-ounce can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
3 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13x9-inch glass pan with nonstick spray.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil on the stove. Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes. Leave the skin on to cook, then peel off the skin after they are cooked and cooled.
3. Grate the potatoes into the prepared pan.
4. Mix the remaining ingredients (except corn flakes) in a medium saucepan, and heat over medium heat until the mixture is melted and smooth- pour over the grated potatoes. Sprinkle corn flake crumbs on top.
4. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
*This recipe also works well if you just buy the frozen hash browns to use in place of fresh potatoes.