Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 60 min
Hershey Bar Cake
One 10-ounce Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar, chopped
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 cups granulated white sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups cake flour
One 5.5-ounce can Hershey's chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt the chocolate bar in the top of a double boiler (or in a glass dish in the microwave).
3. Use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Stir the baking soda into the buttermilk. Alternately add the buttermilk and flour into the creamed mixture. Mix in the melted chocolate bar, chocolate syrup and vanilla.
5. Pour the batter into a greased and floured tube pan (not a bundt pan).
6. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center tests clean. Remove from oven, cool, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Honey Cream Next Post »
Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake